JW Marriott |
|Location||39 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1C1|
|Construction started||June 2015|
|Opened||September 29, 2017|
|Size||72,000 square metres (780,000 sq ft)|
|Floor count||25 (JW Marriott North Tower), 17 (JW Marriott South Tower and The Douglas)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||ACDF Architecture (Design Architect), IBI Group Architects (Canada) Inc. (Project Architect and Architect of Record)|
|Developer||New Edgewater Development|
|Number of rooms||517|
|Number of restaurants||5|
|Number of bars||3|
Parq Vancouver is a mixed-use development located adjacent to BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia. The three towers house four-star hotels JW Marriott, The Douglas (an Autograph Collection hotel), a two-floor casino, eight restaurants which seat 846, 30,000 square foot open space in Level 6 and 5,800 square metres (62,000 sq ft) of event space.
On June 27, 2017, a fire took place on the building's roof while load testing the generator.
The two-floor casino has 600 slot machines and 75 gaming tables, the same amount that had been at the previous Edgewater Casino located at the Plaza of Nations, which is now replaced by Parq Vancouver.
- "Vancouver's newest luxury hotels and casino throw open their doors". CBC News. 29 September 2017. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- Duggan, Evan (12 September 2017). "Vancouver hotel room demand will keep industry growing: stakeholders". The Province. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- Krader, Kate (7 July 2017). "Could This Be North America's Most Fun Business Hotel?". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- Kwan, Tammy (19 July 2017). "8 restaurants and bars set to debut this fall in new entertainment complex Parq Vancouver". The Georgia Straight. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- Brown, Scott (27 June 2017). "Vancouver firefighters extinguish construction blaze at Parq casino project". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
|This article about a building or structure in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|