|Education||Binghamton University, State University of New York|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, CEO, MouthShut.com|
Faisal I. Farooqui is a technology entrepreneur. Farooqui is best known as the founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of MouthShut.com. Farooqui is an advocate of freedom of expression on the Internet.
Farooqui obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems and Finance from the State University of New York at Binghamton. He was elected to the University's Faculty Senate Committee and the Student government. While there, he started writing tech-column and later became the Technology Editor of the campus newspaper, Pipe Dream. Upon graduation, he joined the telecom practice of American Management System (now acquired by CGI Systems), in Virginia. 
n 2012, Entrepreneur Magazine named Farooqui among the Top Business People in India and was included in a list of Entrepreneurs who have created History. Farooqui has also been named as a Youth Icon on India's national TV news channel (Doordarshan).
No Internet Shutdowns
Farooqui and others also petitioned the Chief Ministers of twelve Indian states imploring them to prohibit the issuance of orders that make Internet services entirely inaccessible for a particular area. The petition was part of an effort by a group of organizations and citizens led by SFLC.in, a Delhi-based not-for-profit organization of which Farooqui is an governing board member.
India's restrictive IT Rules in the Supreme Court which resulted in the Honorable Supreme Court striking down of Section 66A and reading down of many other sections of the Information Technology Act of India Mouthshut.com v. Union of India 
- "Alumnus credits Binghamton for inspiring his award-winning review website". Alumni Connect- Binghamton University. September 2014. Archived from the original on 4 February 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2020.
- "Faisal Farooqui". Crunchbase. Retrieved 17 April 2020.
- Naik, Sushma (3 October 2009). "Swades, the dotcom way". Express Computer. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- Surabhi Agarwal (26 March 2015). "Newsmaker: Faisal Farooqui". Business Standard.
- Adgully Bureau (31 July 2012). "Opinion, that matters: MouthShut's Faisal Farooqui". Adgully.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "Create History: 1st Anniversary Issue". Entrepreneurindia.in. Archived from the original on 9 August 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Young Leaders Forum Delegation List". Gov.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Mitra, Moinak (23 March 2007). "Chunnu, Munnu left out as autos load dotcom ads". Economic Times. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Seetha (25 September 2006). "Dotcoms discover a new marketing vehicle". DNA India. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- "Organisations & citizens urge 12 states CMs to stop Internet shutdowns – The Internet Democracy Project". internetdemocracy.in. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- Avanish Tiwary (25 March 2015). "Section 66A of IT Act: Entire digital ecosystem will take off from here, says MouthShut founder Faisal Farooqui". The Financial Express.