||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Education||Binghamton University, State University of New York|
Faisal I. Farooqui (born 23 April) is an entrepreneur and the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of MouthShut.com, Farooqui is an advocate of freedom of expression  on the Internet- he challenged India's restrictive IT Rules in the Supreme Court which resulted in the Honorable Supreme Court striking down India's draconian Section 66A and reading down of many other sections of the Information Technology Act of India (MouthShut.com & Faisal Farooqui v/s Union of India)  
In 2012, Entrepreneur Magazine named Farooqui among the Top Business People in India and was included in a list of Entrepreneurs who have created History. Earlier in 2009, Farooqui was named as a Youth Icon India's national TV news channel (Doordarshan)
The British High Commission in Delhi announced Farooqui among 50 Indians to its list of young leaders who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and symbolize optimism of the country.
Education and early career
Farooqui attended the State University of New York at Binghamton, from where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems as well as Finance. At the University, Farooqui was elected to the Faculty Senate and the Student's Assembly, and was the Technology Editor of the campus newspaper, Pipe Dream.
Farooqui was recruited from campus and worked in the Telecoms consulting practice of American Management System, now acquired by CGI Systems, in Fairfax, Virginia. He later quit, to launch MouthShut.com in 2000 
Farooqui received the Manthan Award for Best Youth website in 2006 from India's IT Minister Sachin Pilot. He speaks at conferences concerning Social Media, Internet technology, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and youth empowerment etc.
In an interview with CNBC, Farooqui said that the inspiration for MouthShut.com came to him while in a media class at Binghamton University. MouthShut.com won "Best Portal Award 2009" at the first edition of the IDMA (India Digital Media Awards) held on March 11, 2010.
The Wall Street Journal-Mint states websites such as Mouthshut.com and YouTube are alternative channels for brands to get consumer feedback. MouthShut.com was founded four years before US-based popular consumer review site Yelp.com
According to the Economic Times, India's largest business newspaper, Faisal Farooqui pioneered auto-rickshaw advertising in India by painting the logo of MouthShut.com on the back of the hood of rickshaws of Mumbai in 2001 This was later extended to the entire country. Auto-rickshaws (or their hoods)
Other business ventures
In 2002 Farooqui co-founded Zarca Interactive, an enterprise feedback company based in Herndon, Virginia. As CEO of Zarca Interactive, hehe presented at the Technovate seminar of European Society for Opinion and Market Research (ESOMAR), held in Cannes, France in January 2003 He argued for an effective integration of Market Research and CRM systems.
In 2011, Farooqui launched Dealface.com as part of MouthShut.com's offering. Dealface offered daily discount deals on spas, dance classes, health checkups, car service, restaurants discounts etc. It was the first deal site to offer SMS coupons, thus eliminating the need for paper printouts of coupons.
- Sujata Reddy (1 March 2017). "Food above all! Not just meetings, Mouthshut's Faisal Farooqui pitches in at the office canteen too". The Economic Times.
- Surabhi Agarwal (March 26, 2015). "Newsmaker: Faisal Farooqui". Business Standard.
- "Interview: Victory for free-speech campaigners, says section 66A petitioner". The Indian Express. March 24, 2015.
- Avanish Tiwary (March 25, 2015). "Section 66A of IT Act: Entire digital ecosystem will take off from here, says MouthShut founder Faisal Farooqui". The Financial Express.
- "MouthShut Challenges IT Rules in Supreme Court to SafeGuard Freedom of Expression". Mouthshut.com. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Create History: 1st Anniversary Issue". Entrepreneurindia.in. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Doordarshan names Faisal Farooqui as Youth Icon (Entrepreneurship)". YouTube. 25 March 2014.
- "Young Leaders Forum Delegation List". Gov.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "wins Manthan-AIF Award". Mouthshut.com. 2006-08-05. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Speaker's Biography - SiliconIndia Startup City Mumbai - 12 September 2009". Siliconindia.com. 2009-09-12. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Content not found !!!!!". Terrapinn.com. Archived from the original on 2007-06-07. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- Adgully Bureau (2012-07-31). "Exclusive | Opinion, that matters: MouthShut's Faisal Farooqui". Adgully.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- Priyanka Mehra (2007-04-02). "Firms discover the power of you". Livemint. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Business Model 101: How the Auto Rickshaw may just change your marketing budgets". Nextbigwhat.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Dotcoms discover a new marketing vehicle | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. 2006-09-25. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- [dead link]
- "Faisal Farooqui - Founder - CEO MouthShut.com; Head- India Ops, Zarca Interactive". Yatedo.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Corporate Profile". Zarca.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Now Mouthshut.com launches a daily deals site -- Dealface.com". Afaqs.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "JOSIC - Digital Intelligence". Dailydealmedia.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.