Faster & Llouder
|Faster & Llouder|
|Studio album by Foster & Lloyd|
|Recorded||16th Ave. Sound, Nashville, TN|
|Foster & Lloyd chronology|
Faster & Llouder is the second album released by American country music duo Foster & Lloyd. It contained their last Top 10 song, "Fair Shake". The other singles released, "Before the Heartache Rolls In" and "Suzette" failed to break into the top 40 while the latter failed to chart at all. The album itself peaked at #44 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. It was, however, their only album to appear on the Billboard 200, charting at #142.
The duo co-wrote most of the songs on the album, with Guy Clark co-writing for the successful single "Fair Shake" and Pat Terry co-writing the last track with Bill Lloyd. The track "Before The Heartache Rolls In" was covered by Hootie & the Blowfish in 1997 and included as a B-side to the band's single, "Old Man & Me". Vince Gill contributes his guitar playing skills on the opening track "Faster and Louder".
Rudyard Kennedy of Allmusic called the album a "superior example of new country..before the term 'New Country' was invented" and calling the material on the album "Just as good, if not better, than that of the songs on the first album.
- Songs written by Bill Lloyd and Radney Foster unless otherwise noted
- "Faster and Louder" - 2:33
- "Fair Shake" (Guy Clark, Foster, Lloyd) - 3:26
- "She Knows What She Wants" - 3:39
- "Happy for Awhile" – 4:08
- "Fat Lady Sings" - 4:34
- "After I'm Gone" - 3:10
- "I'll Always Be Here Loving You" (Foster) – 2:56
- "Suzette" (Lloyd) - 2:42
- "Before The Heartache Rolls In" - 3:49
- "Lie to Yourself" (Lloyd, Pat Terry) – 4:41
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||44|
|U.S. Billboard 200||142|
|US Country||CAN Country|
|1989||"Before the Heartache Rolls In"||43||77|
|"Fat Lady Sings"||—||—|
As listed in liner notes.
Foster & Lloyd
- Radney Foster - lead vocals, background vocals
- Bill Lloyd - lead vocals, harmony vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, mandolin, piano, tambourine
- Bruce Bouton - pedal steel guitar, lap steel guitar
- Sam Bush - fiddle on "Happy for a While"
- John Cowan - third part harmony vocals on "She Knows What She Wants" and "After I'm Gone"
- Marshall Crenshaw - electric rhythm guitar, solo guitars, 6 string bass on "She Knows What She Wants"
- Beth Nielsen Chapman - background vocals on "Before The Next Heartache Rolls In"
- Jerry Douglas - dobro on "Happy For a While"
- Vince Gill - electric guitar on "Faster and Louder"
- Mike McAdam - 6 string bass
- Tommy Wells - drums
- Glenn Worf - bass guitar
- Faster & Llouder (CD). Foster & Lloyd. RCA Records. 1989. 9587.
- allmusic ((( Foster & Lloyd > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums)))
- Kennedy, Rudyard. "Foster & Lloyd — Faster & Llouder". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-08-25.