Dholera International Airport
|Dholera International Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Location||Navagam, Dholera area, Gujarat, India|
Dholera International Airport is a proposed International airport near Ahmedabad in Gujarat state in India. It will be built near Navagam in the Dholera taluka of Ahmedabad district. The project site is spread over on 1,426 hectares near village Navagam in Dholera taluka (Earlier it was in Dhandhuka Taluka), about 80 kilometers from Ahmedabad and around 20 kilometres from the Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR). The state government has formed Dholera International Airport Company Ltd (DIACL) as a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for development of the airport.Work on the airport which is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2018.
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) inspected the site in January 2010 to carry out a techno-economical feasibility study and gave its technical clearance the following month. The project received "site clearance" from the central government in July 2014 following which, The project got Environment Clearance from MoEF & CC in the month of November,2015.
The proposed Dholera Airport project would serve the logistic requirement of upcoming Dholera Special Investment Region a huge Industrial cluster planned in DMIDC corridor. Besides spillover traffic from the existing Ahmedabad Airport available in future, Dholera airport shall serve the traffic available from nearby cities including Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Nadiad, Kheda and Anand.
Highlights of Dholera Greenfield International Airport
- 1426 hectors of land selected at Village Navagam Ta. Dholera, Dist Ahmedabad for the Airport.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has prepared the Feasibility Report, DPR & EIA.
- The site can accommodate two runways of 2910m and 4000m
- MOEF&CC has issued Environment Clearance for the Project site.
- Ministry of Defence has given No Objection for construction of Airport.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has granted the Site Clearance.
- Received In-Principle Approval from the Ministry of Civil Aviation, GoI in january 2016.
- Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Corporation Ltd. has been offered equity in DIACL
- The project will be developed in PPP Mode adhering to the guidelines of the Greenfield Airport Policy of GoI.
- "Dholera airport work to take off in Q3 of FY’16". The Times of India. 25 June 2015. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- "PM Narendra Modi-govt grants 'site clearance' to Gujarat's Dholera airport". The Financial Express (India). 21 July 2013. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "AAI team inspects site for greenfield airport in Ahmedabad". Daily News & Analysis. 23 January 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Federa airport gets AAI nod". Daily News & Analysis. 11 February 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Site Clearance for Dholera Airport Project". Press Information Bureau. Retrieved 28 July 2014.