|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||458 and 541|
|GNIS feature ID||1136284|
|Coordinates and elevation from Geographic Names Information System|
Ferndale is an unincorporated community in Umatilla County, Oregon, United States. It is near the Oregon–Washington border east of Oregon Route 339 and west of Oregon Route 11 about 4 miles (6 km) north of Milton-Freewater.
Ferndale was once a station on the Walla Walla Valley Railway (WWVR), which served the local fruit orchards, and the site of a fruit packing warehouse. The next station south on the line was at Sunnyside. Ferndale Elementary School is part of the Milton-Freewater Unified School District.
- "Ferndale". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 1980-11-28. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 74. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- "Virtual Tour Part 2". The Virtual Walla Walla Valley Railway. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- "WWV History, Part Two: 1931-1945: NP Control and the Growth of Freight Traffic". The Virtual Walla Walla Valley Railway. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Ferndale Elementary: About Us". Milton-Freewater Unified School District. Archived from the original on 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- Image of old fruit packing shed in Ferndale on former WWVR right-of-way
|This Umatilla County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|