Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts
|College of Motion Picture Arts|
|Parent institution||Florida State University|
|Location||Tallahassee, Florida, U.S.|
The Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts (colloquially, The Film School), is the Film School of the Florida State University. About 215 students are enrolled in classes, including undergraduates and graduate students, including Bachelor of Fine Arts and Master of Fine Arts students.
The FSU College of Motion Picture Arts is one of the most highly ranked in the nation. Its students have won over 2,000 awards, honors, prizes and featured screenings at both national and international festivals and competitions. FSU Film students won more Student Oscars (2) and College Television Awards (5) in one year than any other film school. The college is one of the few film schools in the country to be recognized by the Directors Guild of America for "its distinguished contribution to American culture through the world of film and television".
Included awards and honors are screenings at the Cannes Film Festival and Slamdance Film Festivals, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences ("Student Oscars"), The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Collegiate Television Awards, the Coca-Cola refreshing Filmmaker Collegiate Competition and the American Society of Cinematographers Student Competition.
- Barry Jenkins - Director and Writer known for Medicine for Melancholy, Moonlight
- T.S. Nowlin- Screenwriter of The Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, The Death Cure, Pacific Rim: Maelstrom
- Sam Beam - Soundtrack of Twilight
- Wes Ball - Director of The Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, The Death Cure
- Josh Tickell - Writer/Director of the Fuel
- David Robert Mitchell - writer/director of The Myth of the American Sleepover and It Follows
- Ron J. Friedman - writer of Disney film Brother Bear, Chicken Little, and Sony's CG film Open Season
- Greg Marcks - writer/director of 11:14 and Echelon Conspiracy
- Matt Chapman - from The Brothers Chaps of Homestar Runner
- Lauren Miller - actress, screenwriter, and the wife of actor Seth Rogen
- Nat Sanders - editor of Short Term 12
- Dan Murrell- editor, writer for Screen Junkies
- Chip Chalmers - director of television series whose credits include Miami Vice, 7th Heaven, Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place.
- Victor Nuñez - writer and director of notable independent films Ruby in Paradise, Coastlines and Ulee's Gold for which actor Peter Fonda was nominated for an Academy Award. Founding member of the Independent Feature Project.
- Donald Ungurait - founding Dean, director of more than 50 plays, musicals and operas and received more than 200 producer-director credits.
-  Florida State University - College Highlights and Selected National Rankings Retrieved on 5-01-2007.
- Arts, Florida State University College of Motion Picture. "- College of Motion Picture Arts".