For the Love of Ray J
|For the Love of Ray J|
|Starring||Willie Ray Norwood Jr.|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||60 minutes (including commercials)|
|Original release||February 2, 2009 – February 8, 2010|
I Love Money|
Brandy and Ray J: A Family Business
For the Love of Ray J is a dating show on VH1 featuring hip hop singer Ray J. The program has a format similar to Flavor of Love, I Love New York, and Rock of Love. In reference to the series, Ray J said:
|“||I've been in this game a long time... I've been with a lot of women but I'm ready to get out. I want to do this show to find a ride or die chick, a chick that makes me want to get out of the game.||”|
The show ended right before the spin-off Family Business which stars Ray and his sister Brandy. Ray J called the show "a learning experience."
|“||It was just a learning experience for me to just let it happen naturally, absolutely.||”|
The show, which premiered on February 2, 2009, follows Ray J and a group of 14 female contestants. The winner was Cocktail (Joanna Hernandez).
A second season premiered on November 2, 2009, with a group of 19 female contestants. The winner was 32 year-old Mz. Berry (Connie Deveaux).
Airing of the show
|Season||Season premiere||Season finale||Reunion show||Winner||Runner Up||Contestants||Episodes|
|1||February 2, 2009
|April 20, 2009
|April 27, 2009
|Cocktail (Joanna Hernandez)||Unique (Danielle Pastorino)||14||12|
|2||November 2, 2009||February 1, 2010||February 8, 2010||Mz Berry (Connie Deveaux)||Platinum (Mary Cherry)||19||14|
- "Another Love Drama On VH1 - For The Love Of Ray J".
- "VH1 "For The Love Of Ray J" Contestants Revealed".
- Clarke, Norm (January 5, 2009). "The scene and heard". Las Vegas Review-Journal: A3.
- "For the Love of Ray J: Meet the Ladies". VH1 Blog. VH1. January 13, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- "Lipstick Alley: For the Love of Ray J".
- "5 Questions: Ray J" | Interview | VH1.com
- For The Love Of Ray J 2 – Meet The Ladies! | Reality TV + Gossip | VH1 Blog
- Levin, Gary (11 February 2009). "Grammys tick upward". Life. USA Today. p. D.2. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "List of top 15 cable TV programs in the Nielsen ratings for April 20–26". Washington Post Express. Associated Press. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (6 May 2009). "Bulls vs. Celtics, WWE RAW and NCIS lead cable shows". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 21 September 2010.