Fox Plaza (Los Angeles)
|Alternative names||20th Century Fox Plaza|
|Location||2121 Avenue of the Stars
Century City, Los Angeles, California
|Owner||Irvine Company LLC|
|Roof||150 m (490 ft)|
|Floor area||90,115 m2 (969,990 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Johnson, Fain and Pereira Associates|
|Structural engineer||John A. Martin & Associates|
|Main contractor||Al Cohen Construction|
Fox Plaza is a 35-story, 493-foot (150 m) skyscraper in Century City, Los Angeles, California. Completed in 1987, the building's architects were Scott Johnson, Bill Fain, and William L. Pereira. Owned by Orange County-based The Irvine Company, Fox Plaza is Twentieth Century Fox's official headquarters.
Fox Plaza is the last building that Pereira worked on before his death in 1985 and he did not live long enough to see it open.
In popular culture
The building has been featured in at least four major motion pictures released by Fox. Its most famous appearance was in the 1988 action film Die Hard as the fictional Nakatomi Plaza in which its damage was accomplished using a scale model. The plaza and a neighboring building are the main setting for the rock & roll comedy Airheads. Fox Plaza was also one of the buildings brought down at the end of Fight Club.
Fox Plaza is featured in the video game Midnight Club: Los Angeles, as well as Die Hard: Vendetta for the Nintendo GameCube. The building is also used for the corporate offices of Chimera Gas in the surrealistic road movie Motorama and is also portrayed as the headquarters for Spencer Publications on the soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. The building is featured in Grand Theft Auto V as Weazel Plaza, continuing the series' parody of Fox News.
- Fox Plaza (Los Angeles) at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Fox Plaza (Los Angeles) at Emporis
- Fox Plaza (Los Angeles) at Glass Steel and Stone
- Fox Plaza (Los Angeles) at SkyscraperPage
- Fox Plaza (Los Angeles) at Structurae
- Andy Lewis (26 September 2013). "Inside Ronald Reagan's 'Die Hard' Office in Century City". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "GTA 5 Landmarks and Other Buildings". Retrieved 15 December 2015.