|Full name||Francis Kahata Nyambura|
|Date of birth||4 May 1992|
|Place of birth||Ruiru, Kenya|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Gor Mahia FC|
|2006||→ Ravenna FC (loan)|
|2010||→ University of Pretoria (loan)||?||(?)|
|2014||→ KF Tirana (loan)||16||(3)|
|2015 –||Gor Mahia FC|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 4 June 2016
Francis Kahata Nyambura (born 4 May 1992) is a Kenyan footballer who is currently a player in Gor Mahia FC. He plays as a left midfielder and an attacking midfielder he has appeared for the Kenya national team.
Kahata joined KF Tirana from Thika United on a six-month loan deal in January 2014 with the hope of using the Albanian club as a stepping stone to move to a bigger European club. He joined the club with some others foreign players like Gilberto and Selemani Ndikumana, who were vital to Tirana's survival in the Albanian Superliga.
On 20 January, Kahata began training with Tirana and made his debut for the side on 1 February, playing the full 90 minutes in a goalless draw against Kastrioti. Six days later, Kahata played 55 minutes during 1–0 win over cross-town rivals Partizani Tirana at the Qemal Stafa Stadium. On 29 March, he scored his first goal in Albania in a 2–0 victory over KF Laçi. A week later, he was again decisive for his team, scoring the first goal in an eventual 3–2 away win against defending champions Skënderbeu Korçë. He scored in a third consecutive match against KS Lushnja on 12 April, which proved to be the winner.
Kahata left KF Tirana at the end of his six-month loan deal as his parent club Thika United would not agree to let the player leave on a free transfer as he still had another six months left on his contract, which ended on 31 December 2014. There was also a contract dispute between the player and KF Tirana over US$7,000 in wages that were not paid by the club despite begin contracted to do so. On 20 January 2015, however, it was announced that he rejoined the club on a permanent deal, before leaving the club again after the 2014–15 season.
In July 2015 Kahata signed for Kenyan Premier League Club Gor Mahia Nairobi. He scored an important goal against western stima
- Francis Kahata touted to shine at Tirana
- "Francis Kahata tek Tirana". Sport Ekspres. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Kastrioti - Tirana". Soccerway.com. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Tirana fiton derbin, mjafton Gilberto". Sport Ekspres. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Buzëqesh Tirona, kalon 2-0 Laçin". Super Sport Albania. 29 March 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Ocka, Elgita (5 April 2014). "Tirona mposht Skënderbeun në Korçë". Super Sport. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Bregasi, Rinald (12 April 2014). "K. Superiore, Tirona fiton pa Maganin në stol". Super Sport Albania. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- Kahata – Tirana in pay standoff
- Kahata – Tirana part ways
- "Kahata rejoins Albanian club KF Tirana". Goal.com. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Francis Kahata at National-Football-Teams.com
- Francis Kahata at TheFinalBall.com
- Francis Kahata at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to Kenyan association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|