February 16, 1969
|Years active||1987 - present|
|Net worth||1.1 billion (USD)|
Fred Mouawad (born 16 February 1969) is a Lebanese businessman from Zgharta, Lebanon and based in Bangkok, Thailand. He has founded and is the CEO of seven companies. In 2013, Wealth-X named Mouawad the eighth richest diamond owner in the world, with a net worth of $1.1 billion.
Born in Lebanon, Fred Mouawad is a member of the fourth generation of the Mouawad family, which owns and runs the Mouawad company. He graduated from Harvard Business School with an MBA in 1994. In college, Mouawad was planning to take over his father's company, but upon his graduation, he found that his father was not interested in retiring, so he changed directions and started other businesses.
Among the enterprises Mouawad founded and runs are:
- Synergia One Group, founded in 1994. The group operates in 18 countries across several industries.
- Global Franchise Architects, established in 1996, a builder, operator, and franchisor of specialty retail brands, including Coffee World, Pizza Corner, New York Deli and The Cream & Fudge Factory In 2014, Fred Mouawad partnered with Atulya Mittal (son of Lakshmi Mittal) to turn Pizza Corner stores in India into Papa John's.
Fred Mouawad also developed Taskworld, a cloud-based management tool, which led him to study at the Stanford Graduate School of Business to work on the project. He has been a member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO) since 2010.
Fred Mouawad has been co-guardian and head of the diamond division of the 120-year-old Mouawad family business, along with his younger brothers Alain and Pascal, since his father's retirement in 2010. The company designs, manufactures and sells jewelry and watches. Though best known for its watches, the Mouawad company holds four Guinness World Records; it has designed seven diamond-studded bras that cost between $7 million and $12 million each. As of 2013, the company had not sold any of them. He established Mouawad shops in Rolls Royce dealerships in Abu Dhabi and Jeddah.
- Jacquelyn Smith (22 October 2014). "Important Business Lessons From A Billionaire And 8-Time CEO". Business Insider Australia. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "The world's richest diamond owners: 8. Fred Mouawad, 44". CNBC. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Arthur Touchet (25 February 2013). "Not Just Glitz but High Precision". The New York Times.
- Lindenmayer, Michael (8 January 2014). "7 Principles of Building A Multi-Generational Family Business: An Interview with Fred Mouawad". Forbes.
- Bort, Julie (27 December 2013). "The billionaire who created Victoria Secret's $10 Million diamond-studded bra just launched a cool new business app". Business Insider. Retrieved 8 February 2017.
- "The Serial Entrepreneur: Fred Mouawad reveals how he's made a killing managing his eight businesses". Bangkok Post. 24 March 2014.
- Sujintana Hemtasilpa (25 August 2005). "Coffee World group starts key expansion in Bangkok". Bangkok Post – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
Founded in Geneva in 1996, GFA runs quick-service restaurants under four brands -- Pizza Corner, Coffee World, New York Deli, and The Cream & Fudge Factory. ... It expects to have a total of 150 outlets operational by the end of this year, compared with 85 outlets at the beginning of 2005, according to Fred Mouawad, the chairman and founder of the company.
- Boby Kurian; Anshul Dhamija (25 November 2014). "Papa John's, Pizza Corner merger to create No. 3 chain". Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- Alex Williams (1 February 2014). "Billionaire Jewelry King Launches TaskWorld, A Management Tool All About Performance". TechCrunch. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Jovie Baclayon (7 October 2014). "7 Questions With… Fred Mouawad". Ypo.org. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- Rory Jones (24 August 2011). "Yes, the Roller does go well with the ring". Thenational.ae. Retrieved 11 June 2017.