|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Furrah has nearly 1500 households.
The railway line passes inside the village. The nearest railway stations are Sadura and the main station, Anantnag.
Agriculture is the main economy of this village.
Furrah is located 5 km south from district headquarters Anantnag. The nearby villages are:
Furrah is about 1.5 km from the [[National Highway 1A (India, old numbering )|National Highway 1A]], which acts as a border between Anantnag and Kulgam district.
- Government Boys Degree College, Khanabal, Anantnag
- Government Degree College, Anantnag (for women)
- Govt. Higher Secondary School, Furrah, Anantnag
- Govt. Boys higher Secondary School, Anantnag
- Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School, Anantnag (Ranibagh)