Furze Platt railway station
View north towards Cookham
|Location||Maidenhead, Windsor and Maidenhead|
|Managed by||Great Western Railway|
|Classification||DfT category E|
|Original company||Great Western Railway|
|5 July 1937||Opened as "Furze Platt Halt"|
|5 May 1969||Renamed "Furze Platt"|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Furze Platt railway station is a railway station in the town of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England. It is 1 mile 22 chains (2.1 km) down the line from Maidenhead station and 25 miles 41 chains (41.1 km) measured from London Paddington.
The Wycombe Railway (WR), part of which now forms the greater portion of the Marlow branch line, opened between Maidenhead and High Wycombe in 1854, and the first station out of Maidenhead was Cookham.
The Great Western Railway absorbed the Wycombe Railway in 1867 and opened "Furze Platt Halt" on 5 July 1937 to serve the area's growing population. British Rail renamed the station "Furze Platt" on 5 May 1969.
The station is served by local services operated by Great Western Railway between Maidenhead and Marlow. Train services in each direction are hourly during the day, and roughly half-hourly at weekday peak times.
The single platform station has basic facilities including an open-sided shelter, seating, and a ticket office, which is open during the morning peak period. The station is next to a level crossing on Harrow Lane, Maidenhead.
- MacDermot, E.T. (1927). History of the Great Western Railway, vol. I: 1833-1863. Paddington: Great Western Railway. pp. 333–5.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Awdry, Christopher (1990). Encyclopaedia of British Railway Companies. London: Guild Publishing. p. 54. CN 8983.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 100. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- History of the Maidenhead - Wycombe Railway Maidenhead - Marlow Passengers Association website, accessed 2008-11-20
- Table 120 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Furze Platt railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Maidenhead||Great Western Railway
Marlow Branch Line
|This article on a railway station in South East England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|