Marlow railway station
View west, towards the buffer stops
|Local authority||Wycombe district|
|Managed by||Great Western Railway|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Great Marlow Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|28 June 1873||Opened as "Great Marlow"|
|14 February 1899||Renamed "Marlow"|
|10 July 1967||Station relocated|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Marlow from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Marlow railway station serves the town of Marlow in Buckinghamshire, England. It is 2 miles 54 chains (4.3 km) west of Bourne End and is the terminus of the single-track Marlow Branch line from Maidenhead.
A branch from the Wycombe Railway at Bourne End was built by the Great Marlow Railway; this was opened on 28 June 1873, and was worked by the Great Western Railway. The terminus was originally named Great Marlow. The branch was absorbed by the GWR on 6 August 1897. On 14 February 1899, the station was renamed "Marlow".
The line was originally a branch from the Wycombe Railway route between Maidenhead and High Wycombe. When this service was withdrawn north of Bourne End in 1970, Marlow station became the terminus of the Marlow Branch Line which leaves the main Great Western Main Line at Maidenhead.
Services are provided by Great Western Railway; at peak times these shuttle between Marlow and Bourne End every 30 minutes, but off-peak and at weekends they run through to Maidenhead once per hour, reversing at Bourne End. The trip typically takes 23 minutes.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Bourne End||Great Western Railway
Marlow Branch Line
- Yonge, John; Padgett, David (August 2010) . Bridge, Mike, ed. Railway Track Diagrams 3: Western (5th ed.). Bradford on Avon: Trackmaps. map 3B. ISBN 978-0-9549866-6-7.
- Awdry 1990, p. 28.
- Butt 1995, p. 109.
- Butt 1995, pp. 109, 155.
- Butt 1995, p. 155.
- "The Story of the Marlow Donkey". (from Summer 2003 Newsletter). The Marlow Society. 22 April 2003. Archived from the original on 2007-06-22. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- Table 120 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Awdry, Christopher (1990). Encyclopaedia of British Railway Companies. London: Guild Publishing. CN 8983.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
|This article about a Buckinghamshire building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a railway station in South East England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|