Winnersh Triangle railway station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
The station platforms
|Managed by||South West Trains|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||British Rail|
|12 May 1986||Station opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Winnersh Triangle from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Winnersh Triangle railway station is one of two railway stations in Winnersh, Berkshire, England. The other is Winnersh. The station is served by South West Trains services between Reading and London Waterloo.
The station is on the west side of Winnersh, near the River Loddon. In railway terms it is 64 miles 72 chains (104.4 km) from London Charing Cross, measured via Redhill, and 24 chains (480 m) east of the bridge by which the railway crosses the River Loddon.
British Rail opened the station on 12 May 1986 to serve housing and offices that had been built nearby. The developers contributed 20% of the cost of building the station; the remainder was met by Berkshire County Council and British Rail.
The station has a ticket office but it is currently staffed only on Monday to Saturday mornings. On Sundays the station is open but the booking office is closed. There is a modern self-service ticket machine outside the station building. There is no disabled access to the station: access to and from the platforms is only by stairs.
The station is served by two trains per hour in each direction off-peak, and up to four trains per hour in peak hours.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Winnersh||South West Trains
Waterloo to Reading line
- Yonge, John (November 2008) . Jacobs, Gerald, ed. Railway Track Diagrams 5: Southern & TfL (3rd ed.). Bradford on Avon: Trackmaps. map 25B. ISBN 978-0-9549866-4-3.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 252. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Mitchell, Victor E.; Smith, Keith (September 2008) . Country Railway Routes: Reading to Guildford. Midhurst: Middleton Press. figure 28. ISBN 978-0-906520-47-5.
- Mitchell & Smith 2008, fig. 29
- Media related to Winnersh Triangle railway station at Wikimedia Commons