Gay Star News
|Founder||Tris Reid-Smith (Director, Editor-in-Chief)
Scott Nunn (Director of Sales and Marketing)
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Joe Morgan (Editor-At-Large)
David Hudson (Deputy Editor)
Jamie Tabberer (Travel Editor)
Dan Beeson (Marketing Executive)
Greg Hernandez (Journalist)
James Withers (Journalist)
Andrew Potts (Journalist)
Sylvia Tan (Journalist)
Daniele Guido Gessa (Journalist)
Gay Star News is an international media source focused on events related to and concerning the global LGBTI community. It is privately owned and founded by Tris Reid-Smith and Scott Nunn in December, 2011.
The site reports on breaking news in international politics, religion, business, crime, entertainment and lifestyle, presenting the information without offering analyses or opinions on events and interviews. The site also features interviews with members of the LGBT community. All the articles cover events and issues affecting the world's lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender and intersex  people, published continuously and daily. This includes discussing which important figures in history were gay. A permanent staff of internationally based professional reporters handles day-to-day story coverage but the site includes articles by LGBTI activists, freelancers, bloggers, academics, historians, celebrities and people of prominence.
The site features 'top stories', 'entertainment', 'features', 'travel', 'GSN loves' and 'comment' sections. Users can log in, post comments, share and like stories to display on online social networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Weibo and LinkedIn.
Gay Star News went live with the backing of investors: Goldman Sachs, PwC and National Australia Bank on 16 January 2012. Stephen Fry then tweeted his support to his 3.7 million followers, and is credited by Gay Star News for publicising their site regularly.
The editorial policy of Gay Star News is to publish pro-LGBTI media without activism. Commonly seen advertisers on the site are: Direct Line insurance, Lufthansa Airways, Travelex, Lloyds Bank, Smirnoff, Manchester United, late night rooms, Alfa Romeo, Hoseasons, naked wines, Fujitsu, the co-operative, the London Women's Clinic, Knight Frank and DigitasLBI.
- "Gay Star News". gaystarnews.com. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "GSN Profiles Wayne Besen". http://www.truthwinsout.org. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012. External link in
- "Intersex in Australia". http://oiiaustralia.com. 21 October 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2012. External link in
- "Da Vinci Gay". southfloridagaynews.com. 26 September 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- Reid-Smith, Tris (5 October 2012). "The story of GayStarNews". GayStarNews.com. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Stephen Fry tweet on day one". BlueDropAwards.org. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Stonewall Awards Winners". stonewall.org.uk. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
|This article about a news website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender topics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|