|Also called||Geely Emgrand 718
Matchedje X3 (Mozambique)
|Assembly||Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
Montevideo, Uruguay (Nordex)
Cherkessk, Karachay-Cherkessia, Russia (Derways Automobile Company), Sri Lanka (Micro Cars)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Large family car|
|Body style||4-door sedan
|Engine||1.5 L I4 (petrol)
1.8 L I4 (petrol)
|Wheelbase||2,650 mm (104.3 in)|
|Length||4,635 mm (182.5 in) (sedan)
4,397 mm (173.1 in) (hatchback)
|Width||1,789 mm (70.4 in)|
|Height||1,470 mm (57.9 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,258–1,310 kg (2,773–2,888 lb)|
The car was developed from the outset as an export model. Geely engaged a range of mainly global suppliers, including: Siemens for electronic control system; Lear Corporation for seats; Saint-Gobain for all glass. The production line was equipped with products from Fuji, PDE and Dürr AG.
In preparation for its introduction into the European market, the EC7 scored 4 stars in the Euro NCAP tests, the first Chinese-designed and produced car to do so. As of October 2015, it is the best selling Chinese brand sedan in China.
The car was scheduled to be launched into the United Kingdom market in late 2012. Geely set-up Geely Auto UK, which is a jointly-held subsidiary of Manganese Bronze Holdings which also owns taxi specialist LTI. Geely Auto UK Ltd will be based in Coventry.
In partnership with Manganese Bronze, Geely started setting up a 40-strong dealer organisation, choosing small family-style garages to sell the cars, described as: "The sort of garages that used to sell Škodas before the company was owned by Volkswagen, and the type of establishment that once might have sold Rovers."
Prices are estimated at roughly £10,000 for the 1.5 model on launch.
In Iraq, the Emgrand EC7 alongside the bigger Emgrand EC8 is assembled by the local company owned by the government, called SCAI. It comes in full specification with the 1.8 liter engine and CVT automatic transmission, and with white, black, red or orange colors. It costs 15,900,000 Iraqi dinars, which equals just around US$13,500.
- "Geely Emgrand brand-----to build new image of automobile in China". Geely. 2009-07-28.
- "Geely EC7 rolled off assembly line in Uruguay". ChinaAutoWeb. 4 September 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- "Emgrand EC7". Globaltimes.cn. 2012-04-19. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Emgrand EC7". Euro NCAP. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Geely Emgrand EC7". chinacartimes.com. 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Best sellig vehicles in China". Chinaautoweb.com. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Geely Emgrand EC7". Autocar. 2011-12-16. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Chinese driveaway - the new Geely Emgrand EC7". Daily Mirror. 2011-12-16. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emgrand EC7.|
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|