|Location||Changyang Tujia Autonomous County, Hubei, China|
|Construction cost||¥5 billion|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Arch-gravity dam|
|Height||157 m (515 ft)|
|Total capacity||3,400,000,000 m3 (2,756,425 acre·ft)|
|Turbines||4 × 310MW|
|Installed capacity||1,240 MW|
The dam is located in Changyang Tujia Autonomous County (which is part of the prefecture-level city of Yichang), just a few kilometers to the west (upstream) from the county seat, Longzhouping Town (龙舟坪镇).
The dam was designed in 1987, and is equipped with a ship lift capable of lifting vessels of 300,000 kg (660,000 lb) displacement. The dam played an important role in helping to ameliorate the impact of the 1998 Yangtze Floods.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Geheyan Dam.|
- "Gravity Dam Construction". CGGC. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Geheyan Hydropower Station" (in Chinese). China Water Power Press. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "More Dams Planned for Yangtze Despite Problems". Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "Qingjiang River Developer". Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- "Twiflex puts the brakes on shiplifts". Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- Hydroelectric power plants in Henan and Hubei, China, retrieved 2010-03-11