General Council of Mayotte
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Mayotte elects on an insular level a legislature. The Departmental Council (Conseil Départemental) has 19 members, elected for a three-year term in single seat constituencies. Mayotte became an Overseas Department and Region in 2011, ending its previous unique transitional status of Departmental collectivity. Until March 2015 the assembly of a Department of France was known as the General Council (Conseil Général).
Presidents of the General Council
- Younoussa Bamana : 6 July 1977 – March 1991
- Hamissi Assani : March – April 1991
- Younoussa Bamana : 18 April 1991 – 2 April 2004
- Saïd Omar Oili : 2 April 2004 – 28 February 2008.
- Ahmed Attoumani Douchina : 20 March 2008 – 3 April 2011
- Daniel Zaïdani : 3 April 2011 – 2 April 2015
- Soibahadine Ibrahim Ramadani : Since 2 April 2015
|This section is outdated. (September 2015)|
|Union for a Popular Movement (Union pour un Mouvement Populaire)||8|
|Miscellaneous Right (divers droite)||4|
|Citizen and Republican Movement (Mouvement Républicain et Citoyen)||1|
|Democratic Movement (Mouvement démocrate)||1|
|Miscellaneous Left (divers gauche)||1|
- "Mayotte". The World Factbook.
- Ahmed Attoumani Douchina élu président du Conseil général de Mayotte
|This legislature-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Mayotte-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|