|EWE Baskets Oldenburg|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
|Born||November 16, 1993|
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|NBA draft||2016 / Undrafted|
|2016–2017||Enosis Neon Paralimni B.C.|
|Career highlights and awards|
Gerry Blakes (born November 16, 1993) is an American professional basketball player for who currently plays for EWE Baskets Oldenburg of the Basketball Bundesliga (BBL). He played college basketball for Arizona State.
Early life and high school
Blakes was born and raised in Inglewood, California and began high school at Leuzinger High School. At Leuzinger, Blakes was a teammate of future NBA point guard Delon Wright and came off the bench to help the Olympians win the California state championship in his junior season. He transferred to Morningside High School before his senior year.
San Bernardino Valley College
Blakes played his first two seasons at San Bernardino Valley College and was named the Foothill Conference Most Valuable Player both years and the California Community College Athletic Association co-Player of the Year as a sophomore after averaging 23.7 points per game.
Blakes played his final two seasons for the Arizona State Sun Devils. In his first season at Arizona State, Blakes started all but one of the Sun Devils' games and was second on the team with 11.2 points per game. He played in 66 games (62 starts) and averaged 11.1 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
Enosis Neon Paralimni
Blakes signed with Enosis Neon Paralimni B.C. of Cyprus Basketball Division A on October 12, 2016. He averaged 14.3 points, 6.2 rebounds (5th in the league), 3.1 assists and 1.5 steals over 20 games during the 2016-17 season.
Blakes signed with the Norrköping Dolphins of the Swedish Basketligan on July 3, 2017. He averages 16.1 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.1 steals in 40 games with Norrköping and was named EuroBasket All-Swedish Basketligan 1st Team.
Blakes signed with the Pallacanestro Cantù the Lega Basket Serie A (LBA) on July 16, 2018. Blakes averaged 12.3 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 30 LBA games (seven starts) and 19.0 points, 3.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists, and 1.5 steals in four Champions League games.
- Heller, Doug (February 25, 2015). "ASU basketball's Gerry Blakes, Utah's Delon Wright meet again". AZCentral.com. The Arizona Republic. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- Hopen, Zane (October 7, 2014). "ASU Men's Basketball: Finding a point guard is a priority for Herb Sendek". CronkiteSports.com. Walter Cronikite Sports Network. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- Krueger, Nick (March 23, 2015). "ASU Basketball: The 2014-15 season in review". HouseOfSparky.com. SB Nation. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- "Player Stats - Gerry Blakes - Arizona State Sun Devils". Stats.WashingtonPost.com. The Washington Post. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- Mammides, Chris (October 12, 2016). "Enosis tab Gerry Blakes". EuroBasket.com. EuroBasket Data Center. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- Mammides, Chris (July 3, 2017). "Gerry Blakes (ex Enosis) is a newcomer at Norrkoping". EuroBasket.com. EuroBasket Data Center. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- "Norrköping recruits American". Göteborgs-Posten (in Swedish). July 3, 2017. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- "MIA-RO Cantu adds Blakes to their roster, ex Norrkoping". EuroBasket.com. EuroBasket Data Center. July 15, 2018. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- "Gerry Blakes signs with Cantu". Court-Side.com. Court Side Newspaper. July 16, 2018. Retrieved January 13, 2019.
- Schmidt-Scheuber, Miles (June 20, 2018). "he EWE Baskets Add Gerry Blakes". EuroBasket.com. EuroBasket Data Center.
- Blancke, Lars (June 20, 2019). "EWE Baskets find first access in Italy". NWZOnline.de (in German).