Caruso at the 2015 Tour de France
|Full name||Giampaolo Caruso|
15 August 1980 |
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|2009–2010||Ceramica Flaminia–Bossini Docce|
Caruso was accused in the Operación Puerto doping case, but his case was soon dropped by the Spanish federation. The Italian Olympic Committee wanted him suspended for two years, but he was acquitted of involvement by the Court for Arbitration for Sport. In 2009 he signed a contract until the end of 2011 for LPR Brakes–Farnese Vini, but moved to Ceramica Flaminia–Bossini Docce midseason. He had a contract with them through 2011, but on 6 April 2010, after the Giro d'Italia organizers had announced that Ceramica Flaminia was not invited to the race, he was allowed to break his contract and to sign with Team Katusha, who assumed the contract through its duration. The Team Katusha signed him mainly in order to put him at the head of the team in the Giro d'Italia 2010. In late 2011 he prolonged his contract for the upcoming season.
In August 2015, it was announced that Caruso had returned a positive test for EPO in March, 2012.
- 10th Amstel Gold Race
- 4th Giro di Lombardia
- 8th Overall Tour de Suisse
- 5th Overall Tour of Austria
- 5th Giro dell'Emilia
- 6th Overall Euskal Bizikleta
- 8th Coppa Placci
- 10th Overall GP CTT Correios de Portugal
- 10th Giro dell'Appennino
- 1st Overall Brixia Tour
- 1st Stages 2 & 5
- 3rd Overall Route du Sud
- 4th Gran Premio Città di Camaiore
- 5th Trofeo Melinda
- 7th Overall Tour of Austria
- 7th Overall Giro del Trentino
- 7th Giro dell'Appennino
- 9th Giro della Provincia di Reggio Calabria
- 10th Overall Settimana Internazionale di Coppi e Bartali
- 3rd Trofeo Melinda
- 4th Overall Vuelta a Burgos
- 5th GP Miguel Indurain
- 7th Gran Premio Industria e Commercio di Prato
- 9th Gran Premio Città di Camaiore
- 9th Strade Bianche
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
|Tour de France||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||37||—||—||90|
|Vuelta a España||72||59||—||—||—||—||36||—||—||49||137||—|
|—||Did not compete|
|DNF||Did not finish|
Notes and references
- "Team Katusha (KAT) – RUS". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Kenny, John (1 August 2006). "Caruso case dropped by Spanish federation". Cycling news. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- Zalewski, Mark (23 January 2009). "Caruso acquitted of Puerto involvement". Cycling news. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- Brown, Gregor (1 July 2009). "LPR Brakes welcomes Caruso". Cycling news. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- Brown, Gregor (10 November 2009). "Giampaolo Caruso renews with Ceramica Flaminia for two years". Cycling news. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- Stephen Farrand (6 April 2010). "Katusha signs Giampaolo Caruso". Cycling news. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- "Giampaolo Caruso returns positive EPO test". Cyclingnews.com. Immediate Media Company. 18 August 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- Val Migliaccio (11 October 2012). "Cycling body in disgrace after Tour Down Under stage winner exposed as drug cheat". heraldsun.com.au. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
Media related to Giampaolo Caruso at Wikimedia Commons