|Born||1972 (age 45–46)
|Occupation||Film director, animator|
|Known for||Printed Rainbow
True Love Story
Gitanjali Rao (born 1972) is an Indian theatre artist, animator and film maker.
Gitanjali graduated as an applied artist from Sir. J. J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai, in 1994. Two animated short films independently produced and directed by her, Orange and 'Printed Rainbow', have won 28 Awards. Her debut animation short, Printed Rainbow (2006) had won the Kodak Short Film Award, Small Golden Rail and the Young Critics Award at Critics Week section at Cannes in 2006. The film has also won the Golden Conch for Best Animation Film in the 2006 Mumbai International Film Festival.
She has served in the jury at various festivals including the 2011 Cannes Critic's Week short films jury. In 2013, she directed, a segment in Shorts, a compilation of five short films, along with Neeraj Ghaywan, Vasan Bala, Anubhuti Kashyap and Shlok Sharma, and produced by Anurag Kashyap.
Cannes Film Festival
- Kodak Short Film Award
- Small Golden Rail
- Young Critics Award
- "Cannes Winners -Cannes Animations on FILMS short". filmsshort.com. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "People : Matchbox journeys". The Hindu. September 10, 2006. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "Cannes: Animator Gitanjali Rao's Latest Film Is a Reaction to Bollywood". www.hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Shorts hasn't been made for box office: Huma Qureshi". India Today. June 25, 2013. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "After 'Titli', 'True Love Story' at Cannes film fest". Livemint. April 22, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- "Cannes falls in love". The Indian Express. May 2, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-14.