|Born||1972 (age 46–47)|
|Occupation||Film director, animator, actor|
|Known for||Printed Rainbow|
True Love Story
Gitanjali Rao (born 1972) is an Indian theatre actress, animator and film maker.
Biography and career
Gitanjali graduated as an applied artist from Sir. J. J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai, in 1994. Two animated short films independently produced and directed by her, Orange and 'Printed Rainbow'. Her debut animation short Printed Rainbow (2006) had won the Kodak Short Film Award, Small Golden Rail and the Young Critics Award at Critics Week section at Cannes in 2006. The film has also won the Golden Conch for Best Animation Film in the 2006 Mumbai International Film Festival.
She has served in the judge's panel at various festivals including the 2011 Cannes Critic's Week short films jury. In 2013, she directed a segment in Shorts, a compilation of five short films, along with Neeraj Ghaywan, Vasan Bala, Anubhuti Kashyap and Shlok Sharma, and produced by Anurag Kashyap.
- Printed Rainbow (2006) - Director, producer and animator.
- Shorts (2013)
- Chai (2013)
- True Love Story (2014)
- October (2018) - Debut as a film actor.
- Bombay Rose (2019)
Cannes Film Festival
- Kodak Short Film Award
- Small Golden Rail
- Young Critics Award
- "Cannes Winners -Cannes Animations on FILMS short". filmsshort.com. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "People : Matchbox journeys". The Hindu. 10 September 2006. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Cannes: Animator Gitanjali Rao's Latest Film Is a Reaction to Bollywood". www.hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Shorts hasn't been made for box office: Huma Qureshi". India Today. 25 June 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "After 'Titli', 'True Love Story' at Cannes film fest". Livemint. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Cannes falls in love". The Indian Express. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|