Glen Arbor, Michigan
Glen Arbor, Michigan
|• Total||1.044 sq mi (2.70 km2)|
|• Land||1.028 sq mi (2.66 km2)|
|• Water||0.016 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||591 ft (180 m)|
|• Density||220/sq mi (85/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||626870|
Glen Arbor is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Glen Arbor Township, Leelanau County, Michigan, United States. Its population was 229 as of the 2010 census. The community is located along M-22 and the Lake Michigan shore. Glen Arbor has a post office with ZIP code 49636.
As of the census of 2010, there were 229 people residing in the township. The population density was 27.6 per square mile (10.6/km²). There were 1,617 housing units at an average density of 56.6 per square mile (21.8/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.69% White, 0.44% African American, 0.44% Asian, and 0.44% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.31% of the population.
The gender gap of the town was almost split evenly with females accounting for 53.71% and males for 46.29% of the population.
In the township the population was spread out with 11.79% under the age of 18, 45.85% from 18 to 64, and 42.36% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 53 years. For every 100 females, there were 96.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $46,719, and the median income for a family was $58,571. Males had a median income of $35,114 versus $30,179 for females. The per capita income for the township was $29,070. About 1.5% of families and 5.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.0% of those under age 18 and 2.0% of those age 65 or over.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files - Places: Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Glen Arbor". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service. "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|This Leelanau County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|