Gokhale Memorial Girls' College
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Affiliations||University of Calcutta|
|Website||Gokhale Memorial Girls' College|
Gokhale Memorial Girls’ College is one of the oldest women's colleges in Kolkata, India. The college offers undergraduate degrees and is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The name commemorates Gopal Krishna Gokhale, one of the founding social and political figures of the Indian Independence Movement. It is often regarded as one of the best colleges in Kolkata.
- Advertising sales promotion and sales management(major)
- Political Science
- Communicative English
- Mamata Shankar, danseuse and actress
- Srabani Sen, singer
- Koyel Mullick, actress
- Basabdatta Chatterjee, actress
- Dona Ganguly, danseuse
- Chaiti Ghoshal, acctress
Gokhale Memorial Girls' College is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Recently, it has been re-accredited and awarded B grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- "Affiliated College of University of Calcutta". Archived from the original on 2012-02-18.
- Colleges in West Bengal, University Grants Commission Archived November 16, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Institutions Accredited / Re-accredited by NAAC with validity" (PDF). National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 May 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2012.