|Tour by Santogold|
|Start date||September 19, 2008|
|End date||January 8, 2009|
|Number of shows||22|
|Santogold concert chronology|
The tour is the first that Santogold has headlined herself. She previously opened for M.I.A. on her KALA Back to P.O.W.A. Tour in 2007 and Coldplay on their Viva la Vida Tour in 2008. The tour spanned fifteen dates in the United States of America, with one in Canada. Santogold performed with both a live band and a DJ. Kanye West's DJ A-Trak will open for Santogold from September 23 to September 27, while Mates of State will support Santogold from September 28 to October 14. Low vs Diamond perform with Santi for a number of the dates, while Plastic Little, Trouble Andrew, and The Ting Tings made appearances. The tour went to Australia in January 2009.
Santogold also performs with the two backing dancers called SG-1s, who wear deadpan expressions and matching sunglasses. They occasionally provide backing vocals and synchronized dancing. Both girls are often in Santogold's music videos as well. One of the SG-1s is Moni-Jo, a musician, dancer and actress. The SG-1s however call themselves Agatha and Angus Gold.
Santi was criticized for lipsyncing. Santogold does not always make use of her live band - one reviewer noted that "there is something mildly deflating about watching someone sing song after song backed not by actual people playing guitar, bass, and drums in the moment - right in front of us, right now - but rather the freeze-dried perfection of a digital recording of people playing guitar, bass and drums, somewhere else, a long time ago."
- "You'll Find a Way"
- "L.E.S. Artistes"
- "Shove It"
- "Say Aha"
- "Lights Out" (Diplo's Panda Bear Remix)
- "My Superman"
- "Guns of Brooklyn"
- "Get It Up"
|September 19, 2008||New York City||United States||The Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza|
|September 20, 2008||Boston||Paradise Rock Club|
|September 23, 2008||Philadelphia||The TLA|
|September 24, 2008||Toronto||Canada||Phoenix Concert Theatre|
|September 25, 2008||Cleveland||United States||House of Blues|
|September 27, 2008||Detroit||Saint Andrew's Hall|
|September 28, 2008||Chicago||House of Blues|
|September 30, 2008||Lawrence||Liberty Hall|
|October 1, 2008||Denver||Gothic Theatre|
|October 4, 2008||Seattle||The Showbox|
|October 5, 2008||Portland||Crystal Ballroom|
|October 7, 2008||San Francisco||The Fillmore|
|October 10, 2008||San Diego||House of Blues|
|October 11, 2008||Las Vegas||House of Blues|
|October 13, 2008||Anaheim||House of Blues|
|October 14, 2008||Los Angeles||Pellissier Building and Wiltern Theatre|
|December 31, 2008||Victoria||Australia||Falls Festival|
|January 1, 2009||Sydney||Field Day|
|January 3, 2009||Busselton||Southbound|
|January 5, 2009||Melbourne||Billboard The Venue|
|January 6, 2009||Sydney||The Forum|
|January 8, 2009||Brisbane||Sunset Sounds|
- "Santogold launches headlining run". Pollstar. The Associated Press. 2008-09-03. Retrieved 2008-09-03.[dead link]
- "Santogold announces US headlining "Goldrush" tour". Sentimentalist Magazine. 2008-09-02. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- Dave Maher (2008-06-19). "Santogold hops aboard the Coldplay tour". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- Paul Thompson (2008-09-03). "Santogold announces North American tour". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- "A-Trak to open for Santogold, tour with Boys Noize". Filter. Filter Creative Group. 2008-09-09. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "Mates of State to support Santogold". Antimusic.com. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "Santogold full summer tour dates". InTheMix. Sound Alliance. 2008-10-13. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- "SG1's myspace profile".
- James Reed (2008-09-23). "Sass master Santogold takes it to the limit". The Boston Globe. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "Newly-minted star shines at The Paradise". Metro International. 2008-09-24. Retrieved 2008-09-28. Archived January 2, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jonathan Valania (2008-09-25). "At TLA, Santogold live - but sounding canned". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Philadelphia Media Holdings. Retrieved 2008-09-28.[dead link]