Goli Vada Pav
|Industry||Quick service Restaurants|
|Founded||2004 in Mumbai, India|
|Headquarters||Vikhroli, Mumbai ,India|
|Venkatesh Iyer (CEO)|
|Products||Goli Vada Pav, Goli Schezwan Vada Pav, Goli Sabudana Vada|
|Revenue||₹ 55 Crore (2015)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Goli Vada Pav Pvt. Ltd|
|Website||'Goli Vada Pav No.1'|
Goli Vada Pav is an Indian ethnic fast food restaurant chain originated from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It was founded in 2004 as a vadapav restaurant by Venkatesh Iyer and Shivadas Menon. Today, Goli Vada Pav has 300 stores in 100 cities across 20 states of India. The expanse is from Gorakhpur in North to Calicut in South and Porbandar in West to Kolkata in East. The Basket of products include varieties of vadapav, vada rolls, currys pavs and desserts. It is positioned as an alternative to traditional fast food and rivals the conventional burger. The franchise retail chain store has now grown to a ₹55 crores business which plans to make a multi-fold jump to ₹350 crores with the opening of 1000 outlets pan-India.
Goli Vada Pav was founded by Venkatesh Iyer and Shivadas Menon.The chain started operations in early 2004 with a single ‘Quick service restaurant’. The initial investment of ₹40 lakhs was funded by Venkatesh Iyer, who had wound up his corporate advisory business. The investment had increased to ₹1 crores by the time the business. The first outlet was set up in Kalyan, a suburban locality in Mumbai. The company raised ₹21 crores from venture fund VenturEast in 2011. A large-scale expansion of the outlets had to be abandoned due to the limited popularity of the franchise in Mumbai. At this point, Venkatesh Iyer received an offer from an acquaintance to set up an outlet in the city of Nashik in Maharashtra. Soon enough Goli Vada Pav was set up in over 40 cities with 150 outlets with a success rate of sale of 75,000-100,000 vada pavs per day.
Goli Vada Pav stores operate under the name of 'Goli Vadapav No.1'
The chain has its presence through 300 stores from Gorakhpur in North to Calicut in South and from Porbandar in West to Kolkata in the East, across 100 cities and 20 states in India, viz., Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi,Chandigarh(U.T), Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Odisha.
Goli Vada Pav produces 75,000-100,000 vadapavs per day and comprises a basic menu of Mumbai snacks, namely Vadapavs, Rolls, Misal, Samosas etc. All Time favourties of Goli Vada Pav customers include:
- Classic Vadapav
- Aloo Tikki Vadapav
- Mix Veg Vadapav
- Makkai Palak Vadapav
- Masala Vadapav
- Maharaja Vadapav
- Cheese Vadapav
- Schezwan Vadapav
- Paneer Supreme Vadapav
- Paneer Roll
- Makka Palak Roll
- Crunchy Roll
- Cuppa Misal Pav
- Aachari Nuggets
- Sabudana Vada
- Cheese Finger
- Choco X-Tacy
The chain store is also famous for various other snacks and fast food items, all prepared within a time limit of 5 minutes.
Goli Vada Pav, with an ever-increasing popularity marked by a fan following of 1.5 lacs Facebook followers, adopts a standard operating procedure of preparation, processing, packaging and distribution of the snacks produced. Goli boasts of a 9-month shelf life of products and a brand value and goodwill promoted by Ganesha public processions with vada pav and the hosting of Goli Rock Shows.
Awards & Recognition
- Golden Spoon Award-Most Admired Food Chain of Indian Origin,by Coca Cola http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-business/jubilant-foodworks-sweeps-the-coca-cola-golden-spoon-awards-2014-114020503857_1.html
- Travel & Leisure has featured Goli Vada Pav amongst the top 20 QSR in the world
- India Inc certificate of excellence in recognition of smart innovation
- 6th Largest QSR Brand in India http://www.indiaretailing.com/2016/09/29/food/food-service/goli-vada-pav-mainstreaming-vada-pav-across-india/
- 'Goli Vada Pav No.1'
- Business Opportunity in Ethnic Fast Food Industry – Goli Vadapav No.1 | Case Study | NOVONOUS
- Growth of Goli Vada Pav in India and future plans
- "350 stores across 21 states". Archived from the original on January 26, 2013.
- Food chain Goli Vada Pav gets ₹21-crore funds from VenturEast
- History of Goli's expansion, article from The Hindu Business Line
- Menu of All Time favourties of Goli Vada Pav
- Goli Vada Pav's fast food preparation time
- Advertising and Growing Appeal of Goli in India
- General sources
- "Business Opportunity in Ethnic Fast Food Industry – Goli Vadapav No.1" Compiled By - Manoj Gupta
- "CEO of Goli Vada Pav holds four classroom sessions at the ISB"
- "Goli Vada Pav plans huge franchise expansion"
- "Food chain Goli Vada Pav gets ₹21-crore funds from VenturEast"