|Founded||September 12, 2011|
Number of locations
|Trevor Bezdek |
Number of employees
GoodRx is a startup company which operates a free-to-use website and mobile app that tracks prescription drug prices and offers drug coupons in the United States. GoodRx checks more than 75,000 pharmacies in the United States. The website gets about four million visitors a month.
The Santa Monica, California-based startup was founded in 2011 by former Facebook executives Doug Hirsch and Scott Marlette. Marlette was one of the first 20 employees at Facebook and built Facebook's photo application. In 2005, Hirsch was the Vice President of Product at Facebook, working closely with Mark Zuckerberg. In 2017, Jordan Michaels took over as director of operations.
- Mcusic, Teresa. "Where to turn online to save money on prescription drugs". Star Telegram. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "Money, drugs, and the medical practice: Can physicians benefit from helping patients reduce prescription costs? – Continuum". www.carecloud.com. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Thomas, Katie. "New Online Tools Offer Path to Lower Drug Prices". New York Times. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- Dickinson, Boonsri. "These Ex-Facebook Guys Want To Help You Find Cheaper Drugs". Business Insider. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- Empson, Rip. "GoodRx Grabs $1M+ From SV Angel, Founders Fund & More To Help You Find Cheap Prescription Drugs". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- Lazarus, David. "Making it easy to comparison shop for prescription drugs". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- Farr, Christina. "Silicon Valley is too focused on taking the easy path in health care". CNBC. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Morgan, David. "Inside Rx aims to lower high prescription drug costs". CBS News. Retrieved 18 May 2017.