Goodbye, You Suck
|"Goodbye, You Suck"|
|Single by Shiloh|
|from the album Picture Imperfect|
|Released||March 10, 2009|
|Label||Universal Music, Universal Republic|
|Songwriter(s)||Shiloh, Rob Wells|
|Shiloh singles chronology|
Goodbye, You Suck is the second single by Canadian pop/rock singer Shiloh. The song is about ignorance, greed, and lying in a relationship. It made the Canadian Hot 100 for one week at number 73. A music video for the single, directed by Aaron A, features Shiloh performing with her band and some dancers as the Shiloh logo is scattered around the set.
Jason Birchmeier of AllMusic compared the song to the previous single "Operator (A Girl Like Me)", calling it "similarly impressive, once again skipping along during the verse before the synth-powered chorus kicks in."
The music video was released in February 2009. Directed by Aaron A (who previously directed the video for "Operator (A Girl Like Me)", the video features Shiloh with her band and some dancers with the Shiloh logo scattered around the set. She performs the song as she would on stage. Before the last chorus the lights turn on and off very quickly.
Credits and personnel
Credits adapted from the liner notes of Picture Imperfect.
- Chris Anderson: engineer, production (Definitive Sound Studio)
- Dan Kanter: guitar
- Rob Wells: other instruments
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||73|
- "Music - Goodbye, You Suck". iTunes (CA). Apple. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "Shiloh - Goodbye, You Suck". aCharts.co. Retrieved September 27, 2009.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Picture Imperfect - Shiloh". AllMusic. Retrieved October 28, 2016.
- "Nickelback scores five MMVA nominations". Winnipeg Free Press. FP Canadian Newspapers Limited Partnership. May 28, 2009. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- "Complete list of 2009 MMVA winners". CTV News. June 22, 2009. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- Picture Imperfect (booklet). Shiloh. Universal Music Canada. 2009. 0251784630.
- "Shiloh – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Shiloh. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
|This 2000s pop single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|