Shiloh in February 2011
|Birth name||Shiloh Hoganson|
April 25, 1993 |
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
|Origin||Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada|
|Genres||Pop rock, Pop punk, Emo Rock, Ska|
|Labels||Universal Music Canada, Universal Republic|
Shiloh Hoganson (born April 25, 1993), known by her stage name as Shiloh, is a Canadian pop singer and songwriter. Shiloh has performed with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Stereos, Hedley, Theory of a Deadman, Marianas Trench, and Faber Drive.
Shiloh was born in Abbotsford, British Columbia and was raised in several locations in Saskatchewan as well as Edmonton, Alberta. Growing up, Shiloh entered many singing contests and competitions, including a radio contest for The Bounce (91.7 CHBN-FM) in Edmonton, Alberta, which she won.
Picture Imperfect (2008-2009)
Shiloh travelled to Vancouver, British Columbia to work with songwriting–production team Hipjoint Productions who wrote and produced seven songs on her debut album Picture Imperfect including the Canadian Platinum-selling single "Operator (A Girl Like Me)".
"Operator (A Girl Like Me)" was the first single from Picture Imperfect. It charted on the Canadian Hot 100 and listed her as Billboard Canada's #1 Emerging Talent Artist as of December 19, 2008. The song is also included on Much Dance 2009 CD. Shiloh appeared on MuchOnDemand on June 4, 2009, and performed "Goodbye, You Suck". She was a nominee for the 2009 MuchMusic Video Awards as well as being an announced performer. She performed "Operator (A Girl Like Me)" at the MuchMusic Video Awards on June 21, 2009, but lost in both categories she was nominated in: Pop Video of the Year to Danny Fernandes and UR Fave: New Artist to The Midway State.
Shiloh appeared on YTV's The Zone segment and was interviewed by Carlos, answering viewer questions that had been submitted by e-mail and performing. She also appeared on season two of The Next Star, meeting the six finalists.
Shiloh's songs have been heard in various television shows, including Gossip Girl, Dr. Dolittle: Tail to the Chief, Mr. Troop Mom, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Majority Rules and What Happens in Vegas.
"Can't Hold On" and forthcoming studio album (2010-present)
On November 9, 2010 Shiloh released the single "Can't Hold On".
Shiloh says that her idol is Michael Jackson. She has been performing Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" from his album, Bad on her tour. Like Jackson, she donates money made from shows to charities. On August 27, 2009, at the Hamilton Place Theatre, Shiloh said that the money made from that show would go to World Vision and a child she sponsored, Fabrizio. In an interview with Young Hollywood (June 29, 2009) Shiloh stated that Frank Sinatra and Celine Dion were also major influences to her music and strongly inspired her love of music.
- "All I Want"
Awards and nominations
|2009||Operator (A Girl Like Me)||MuchMusic Video Awards||Pop Video of the Year||Nominated|
|Goodbye, You Suck||UR Fave: New Artist||Nominated|
|2010||Juno Award||New Artist||Nominated|
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Shiloh: Biography", Billboard. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- Birchmeir, Jason. "Shiloh: Biography", Allmusic. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- Sandra Sperounes (January 13, 2009). "Shiloh on the verge of pop-punk stardom". National Post. Retrieved August 21, 2009.
- Kate Harper (Oct 30, 2008). "Shiloh Signs With Universal". CHARTattack. Retrieved Jan 30, 2009.
- http://www.olemm.com/ole%20News.php?bioid=97%7C title=ole Signs Shiloh to Worldwide Co-Publishing Deal| date=Jul 21, 2008| accessdate=Jan 30, 2009
- "ole TANJOLA’S SHILOH SIGNS WITH UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC". Majorly Indie. February 18, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-02.
- http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/images/pdf/canadian_20081219.pdf%7C date=Dec 18, 2008| accessdate=Jan 30, 2009| publisher=billboard.com
- "YH Buzz Meter: Shiloh". Retrieved 2011-02-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shiloh (singer).|