Granite Bay High School
|Granite Bay High School|
|1 Grizzly Way
Granite Bay, California 95746
|School district||Roseville Joint Union High School District (RJUHSD)|
|Color(s)||Green, silver & black
|Rival||Del Oro High School|
|Newspaper||Granite Bay Gazette|
Granite Bay High School is located in Granite Bay, California. Granite Bay High School was founded in 1996 and was named a National Blue Ribbon School by the United States Secretary of Education in 2002 and a California Distinguished School in 2007. It is one of the five comprehensive schools in the Roseville Joint High School District. Granite Bay High School has more than 20 Advanced Placement classes, and is one of two schools in RJUHSD to have the International Baccalaureate program. It also has a myriad of extracurricular activities and clubs.
GBHS's Emerald Brigade consists of the award-winning marching band and color guard, jazz band, concert band, and winter programs. The 2007 program gave the Emerald Brigade its first-ever undefeated season.
The band regularly travels to the following competitions: Oakmont (Roseville), Del Oro (Loomis), Foothill (Pleasanton), Folsom, and Lincoln (Stockton). In 2011, they took up WBA (Western Band Association) for the first time, where they came in First Place in the 4A Division placing them 6th place in WBA.
The band has approximately 135 members and performs at home football games and at parade/field show competitions throughout Northern California.
The concert program has traveled to Disneyland numerous times and performed at the world-famous Carnegie Hall in New York in the spring of 2007. The band was also invited to play at the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC in 2005. The concert band plays at the annual Delta College and Golden Empire Festivals.
Granite Bay has two choir, Concert and Chamber.
Competitive forensics (competitive speech and debate)
One of Granite Bay High School's programs is the competitive forensics team, which offers students the opportunity to compete in a variety of speaking events, ranging from dramatic interpretation to policy debate. The Granite Bay High Forensics team is a member of the National Speech and Debate Association.
In April 2010, two team members won the California State Championships in Public Forum Debate, becoming the first state champions in the program's history.
In April 2013, two team members won the CHSSA California State Championships in Parliamentary Debate.
In January 2014, a team membei won the Martin Luther King Jr. Tournament in Lincoln–Douglas Debate, becoming the first person to win MLK Invitational Championship in the program's history.
Granite Bay High School hosted an Academic Decathlon team. The team won the Placer County championship eight times and made ti to the State championship twice. A team member achieved the highest score in the state of California in 2000. 
The team is no longer active.
- Alyssa Anderson (2008) – US national swim team and London 2012 Summer Olympics gold medalist (4 × 200 m freestyle relay).]] member
- Haley Anderson (2009) – US national swim team and London 2012 Summer Olympics silver medalist (10K open water swim)
- Miles Burris (2007) – linebacker for San Diego State and 2012 NFL Draft pick of the Oakland Raiders
- Kevin Dahlgren – US national convicted of murdering four relatives in Czech Republic in 2013
- Natalie Gulbis – LPGA golfer
- Ryan Holiday (2005) – bestselling author and director of marketing, American Apparel 
- Adam Jennings (2001) – former wide receiver for the Atlanta Falcons
- Kevin Kiley (2003) – California State Assemblyman
- Andrew Knapp (2010) - catcher for the Philadelphia Phillies
- Alicia Parlette – copy editor and former columnist at the San Francisco Chronicle
- Dallas Sartz (2002) – former linebacker for the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks
- Cameron Smith (2015) – starting linebacker for USC
- Sammie Stroughter (2004) – Oregon State University and Tampa Bay Buccaneers football player
- Peyton Thompson – NFL player
- Devon Wylie (2007) – former wide receiver for Fresno State and 2012 NFL Draft pick of the Kansas City Chiefs 
- "Granite Bay High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- EBSO Webmaster, Oct 13, 2013, 9:19 AM (2013-10-13). "GBEmeraldBrigade". GBEmeraldBrigade. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "Performing Arts". Granite Bay High School. Retrieved 13 November 2017.
- "California High School Speech Association – Results". cahssa.org.
- Roseville Press Tribune, April 26, 2013
- "L-D Debate Bracket". joyoftournaments.com.
- "GBHSacadec / FrontPage". Gbhsacadec.pbworks.com. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "Alyssa Anderson". usaswimming.org. USA Swimming. Retrieved August 17, 2010.
- "Haley Anderson". usaswimming.org. USA Swimming. Retrieved August 17, 2010.
- "Raiders draft Burris 129th overall". SI.com. Sports Illustrated. Archived from the original on October 29, 2013. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- "Mlčeli jsme, aby Dahlgren na palubě neohrozil pasažéry, říká policie" (in Czech). lidovky.cz. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Američan obviněný ze čtyřnásobné vraždy zůstává ve vazbě" (in Czech). ČT 24. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "All about Natalie". nataliegulbis.com. NAG Sports LLC.
- Ryan Holiday on Q CBC
- Bio on Huffington Post HuffingtonPost.com
- "Adam Jennings". nfl.com. NFL Enterprises.
- "Dallas Sartz". usctrojans.com. CBS Interactive.
- "Sammie Stroughter". nfl.com. NFL Enterprises.
- "Chiefs add dash to offense with Wylie". kansascity.com. Kansas City Star. Retrieved May 2, 2012.