|Full name||Alyssa Jean Anderson|
|National team||United States|
September 30, 1990 |
Santa Clara, California
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||141 lb (64 kg)|
|Club||Sierra Marlins Swim Team|
|College team||University of Arizona|
Anderson attended the University of Arizona, where she swam for coach Frank Busch's Arizona Wildcats women's swim team in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) competition from 2008 to 2012. Anderson's younger sister, Haley, is also a swimmer and competed with her at the 2009 World Aquatics Championships.
At the 2007 Junior Pan Pacific Championships, Anderson won silver medals in the 800-meter and 1,500-meter freestyle.
At the 2009 U.S. Nationals and World Championship Trials, Anderson placed fourth in the 200-meter freestyle, earning a place on the U.S. 4x200-meter freestyle relay team at the 2009 World Aquatics Championships in Rome. In Rome, Anderson swam the third leg of the relay preliminaries and split 1:58.35. The U.S. team advanced to the final and won the silver medal.
At the 2012 United States Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, the U.S. qualifying meet for the Olympics, Anderson made the U.S. Olympic team for the first time by finishing sixth in the 200-meter freestyle with a time of 1:58.40, which qualified her to swim in the 4x200-meter freestyle as a member of the U.S. relay team. At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, she swam for the winning U.S. team in the preliminary heats of the women's 4x200-meter freestyle relay and earned a gold medal. Anderson's sister, Haley, won a silver medal in the 10-kilometer open water marathon at the 2012 Olympics.
Personal bests (long course)
|200 m freestyle||1:58.09||July 2012|
- Arizona Wildcats
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (women)
- List of University of Arizona people
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (women)
- "2009 Conoco Phillips National Championships results: Women's 200m freestyle final" (PDF). July 8, 2009.
- FINA Worlds: U.S. swimming rosters
- "2009 World Championships results: Women's 4x200m freestyle preliminaries" (PDF). July 30, 3009. Check date values in:
- OmegaTiming.com, 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Swimming, Women's 200m Freestyle (final). Retrieved July 15, 2012.