|Full name||Guy Bwele|
|Date of birth||16 February 1984|
|Place of birth||Yaoundé, Cameroon|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back / Defensive midfielder|
|2008–2011||Coton Sport FC de Garoua||38||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 April 2013.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 April 2013
Bwele was always confused with Guy Bwelle, which caused great controversy.
Bwele played for Sports Etudes in his homeland before attending a trial with Norwegian football club, IK Start in 2007. He played in a friendly game with IK Start against FC Copenhagen. However, caused by a great controversy (see controversy), Bwele failed to get a contract.
In early November 2011, Bwele joined the Malaysian club, Sarawak FA in the Malaysia Super League, signing a two-year contract alongside fellow countrymen, Kalle Sone. Bwele was made captain for the game against Johor FC on 14 February 2012 in the absence of regular captain Mohd Hairol Mokhtar, and scored his first goal for the team as Sarawak won the game 2–1 having trailed the match 1–0.
Bwele first season with Sarawak ended with disappointment as Sarawak were relegated to Premier League having losing the end-of-season relegation playoff match. However, in his second year with Sarawak, Bwele helped Sarawak to clinch the 2013 Malaysia Premier League title and promotion to 2014 Malaysia Super League, finishing the season unbeaten in the league. Sarawak also progressed to the quarterfinals of 2013 Malaysia FA Cup and semi-finals of 2013 Malaysia Cup. Sarawak released Bwele at the conclusion of his 2-year contract on November 2013. It is reported that Guy Bwele has sign one-year contract with KL SPA Putrajaya FC for 2014 Malaysia Premier League competition during the second window in March 2014.His first game was against the league leader Pulau Pinang and they manage to held a draw 0–0 result to surprise many.
In July 2007, there was another footballer from Cameroon with the same name who was playing for the Greek team, Ergotelis FC, officially named Guy Bwelle which was 28 years old that time. It was reported that Guy Bwelle had suddenly left the club. The other Guy Bwelle, was on trial with Norwegian club IK Start. This controversy immediately attracted the media shortly after the second Guy Bwelle appeared with a friendly against FC Copenhagen.
However, the second Guy Bwelle did not manage to get a contract as the Norwegian football authorities had expressed concern that he might have falsely used Bwelle's identity.
It later turned out that the second Guy Bwelle might be his cousin, and his name is different as the person who attended the trial, who was born in 1984, is officially named Guy Bwele, not Guy Bwelle.
- Coton Sport FC de Garoua
- Sarawak FA
- http://www.adressa.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/article119062.snd – Cameroonian Guy Bwele audition Start this week. The Cameroon Football Federation accuses him of bluffing.
- "Guy Bwele". Flickr.
- "Guy Bwele (Note: Incorrect name in the website, Guy Bwele, not Guy Bwelle)". footballdatabase.eu. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Senarai Squad Pasukan Musim 2012 | UPDATE: Sarawak, Selangor, Kelantan dan Sabah" (in Malay). kakiGOL.com. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Sarawak FA Squad List". Berita Harian Newspaper Article. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- Martin Yee (16 February 2012). "Alberts: No problem – Win against Johor FC a pleasant surprise". New Sarawak Tribune. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "Bwele snakker sant" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Er dette samme mann?" (in Norwegian). Adresseavisen. 18 July 2007.
- Guy Bwele (Note: Incorrect name in the website, Guy Bwele, not Guy Bwelle) at Football Database
- Guy Bwele at Soccerway