|Original author(s)||Willy Tarreau|
|Initial release||December 16, 2001|
1.8.0 / November 26, 2017
1.9-dev0 / November 26, 2017
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris (8/9/10), AIX (5.1–5.3)|
|License||GNU General Public License Version 2|
HAProxy is free, open source software that provides a high availability load balancer and proxy server for TCP and HTTP-based applications that spreads requests across multiple servers. It is written in C and has a reputation for being fast and efficient (in terms of processor and memory usage).
HAProxy is used by a number of high-profile websites including GoDaddy, GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow, Reddit, Speedtest.net, Tumblr, Twitter and Tuenti and is used in the OpsWorks product from Amazon Web Services.
Servers equipped with a dual-core Opteron or Xeon processor generally achieve between 15000 and 40000 hits per second, and have no trouble saturating a 2 Gbit/sec connection under Linux. Due to its widespread integration into enterprise-level infrastructures, monitoring HAProxy performance at scale has become an increasingly important issue. Monitoring end-to-end performance requires tracking metrics from frontends, backends, and HAProxy hosts themselves. There are currently several tools available to track and monitor HAProxy performance, both open-source, like HATop as well as paid, like Datadog.
- "MySQL Load Balancing with HAProxy". Severalnines AB. 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "HAProxy on Freecode". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Nuts & Bolts: HAproxy". Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "The inner guts of Bitbucket". Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "What it takes to run Stack Overflow". Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "HAProxy: they use it!". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "List of sites using HAProxy". Archived from the original on 10 June 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Tuenti+WebRTC (Voip2day 2014)".
- "HAProxy layer - AWS Opsworks". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "HAProxy: design choices and history". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Willy Tarreau: About me". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- ,"LKML: Willy Tarreau: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 18.104.22.168". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
.1wt .eu #plat
- "Monitoring HAProxy Performance Metrics". Retrieved 17 Oct 2016.
- Official website
- HAProxy Enterprise Edition
- HAProxy Technologies Official Website
- Windows feedback agent for HAProxy
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|