Example of notable Habib, Muhammad Rizieq Shihab
The name is popular throughout the Muslim World, though particularly in the Middle East and Africa. In other countries, especially in Yemen and Southeast Asian countries such as Brunei, Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia, it is an honorific to address a Muslim scholar of Sayyid (a descendant of Muhammad) families and where it is one of the names of Prophet Muhammad - حبيب الله Habib Allah (Habibullah/ Habiballah).
The name, as is the case with other Arabic names, is not confined to Muslims. Notable examples of Christian individuals named Habib include 'Habib the Deacon' and Gabriel Habib and the Philosopher Habib.
- Habib Beye (born 1977), French-Senegalese footballer
- Habib Bourguiba (1903–2000), Tunisian politician
- Habib Bourguiba Jr. (1927–2009), Tunisian diplomat
- Habib Dehghani, Iranian footballer
- Habib Esfahani, Iranian poet, grammarian and translator
- Habib Habibou (born 1987), French footballer
- Habib ibn Maslama al-Fihri, 7th-century Arab general
- Habib Kashani, Iranian businessman
- Habib Koité (born 1958), Malian musician
- Habib Mohebian (1952–2016), Iranian pop singer and songwriter
- Habib Wahid (born 1976), Bangladeshi composer and musician
- Habib Zargarpour, Iranian art director
- Khabib Nurmagomedov, Russian mixed martial artist
- Aftab Habib, English cricket player
- Arif Habib, Pakistani businessman
- Brian Habib, American football player
- Dina Powell nee Habib (born 1973), Egyptian-born American government official
- Irfan Habib, Indian historian
- Mamdouh Habib, Australian-Egyptian once held at Guantanamo Bay
- Meyer Habib, French politician
- Philip Habib (1920–1992), American diplomat
- Rafik Habib (born 1959), Egyptian researcher, activist, author, and politician.
- Ralph Habib (1912-1969), French film director of Lebanese and Egyptian origin
- Huzama Habayeb, Palestinian novelist, columnist and translator
- Habib Ali al-Jifri (born 1971), Islamic scholar
- Habib Alwi bin Thahir al-Haddad, mufti of Johor Bahru
- Habib Abdullah ibn Alawi al-Haddad, a Muslim patron saint
- Habib Abu Bakr al-Aydarus, a Muslim patron saint
- Habib Ali bin Abdurrahman Alhabshi, a cleric and preacher
- Habib Muhammad bin Ali bin Yahya, Mufti of Kutai
- Habib Muhammad Luthfi bin Yahya, Indonesian Islamic cleric
- Habib Muhammad Rizieq Shihab, Indonesian Islamic cleric
- Habib Munzir Al-Musawa, Indonesian Islamic cleric
- Habib Umar bin Hafiz al-Shaikh Abubakr, Islamic scholar
- Habib Uthman bin Yahya, mufti of Batavia
- Habib Bank (disambiguation)
- Habibi (disambiguation)
- Habibullah (disambiguation)
- Habib ur Rahman (disambiguation)
- Mike Campbell. "Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Habib". Behind the Name.
- Nihad Nadam. "NameArabic: Meaning, Arabic names with Calligraphy and meaning". Name Arabic.
- "CHURCH FATHERS: Martyrdom of Habib the Deacon". www.newadvent.org. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- Davies, Noel; Conway, Martin (2008). World Christianity in the Twentieth Century: A Reader. Hymns Ancient and Modern Ltd. ISBN 9780334040446.
- Roberts, Reverend Alexander (2007-05-01). The Ante-Nicene Fathers: The Writings of the Fathers Down to A. D. 325, Volume VIII Fathers of the Third and Fourth Century - the Twelve Patriarchs, Ex. Cosimo, Inc. ISBN 9781602064836.
|given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|