Vestberg, Photo courtesy of Ericsson
June 23, 1965 |
|Occupation||Former CEO of Ericsson
President of Verizon Network & Technology Division (since 2017)
CTO (2017) 
Vestberg has worked for Ericsson in China, Brazil, Mexico and the US. He is a founding member of the Broadband Commission for Digital Development, where he chairs the task group on the post-2015 development agenda.
Education and career
He received a Business Administration degree from the Uppsala University, Sweden, in 1991, Vestberg got employed at Ericsson Cables  in his hometown Hudiksvall. Since then he has had different management positions for Ericsson in China, Sweden, Chile and Brazil.
During the years from 1998 to 2000 Vestberg was CFO for Ericsson in Brazil and 2000-2002 he was CFO for Ericsson in North America and controller for North and South America. During 2002-2003 he was President for Ericsson in Mexico.
He also served as Chief Financial Officer for Ericsson from 2007 to 2009.
On 3 April 2017, he joined Verizon as Executive Vice President of the new Network and Technology team. 
Since 2016, Vestberg is the President of the Swedish Olympic Committee. 
- Erika Svantesson, Hasse Eriksson. "Hans Vestberg ny vd för Ericsson". DN.SE. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "Fakta: Hans Vestberg". st.nu. 2009-06-26. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "Hans Vestberg". Ericsson. Archived from the original on 2014-04-19. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- http://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/ericsson-ceo-hans-vestberg-steps-down-after-dismal-q2/53375600 Dismal Q3 results question whether his past performance does merit his outgoing CEO compensation.
- Spangler, Todd (2017-03-31). "Verizon Hires Ex-Ericsson CEO Hans Vestberg, Eyes U.S. Internet Pay-TV Launch". Variety. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
Press comments to Vestberg's appointment as Ericsson CEO:
- Here’s Why Ericsson and Cisco Are Teaming Up on Mobile. Re/code, 2015
|This Swedish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|