Hans de Koning
Hans de Koning in 1982
|Date of birth||April 5, 1960|
|Place of birth||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Go Ahead Eagles (manager)|
|2005–2010||TOP Oss/FC Oss|
|2016–||Go Ahead Eagles|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Hans de Koning (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɦɑns də ˈkoːnɪŋ]) (born April 5, 1960 in Rotterdam, South Holland) is a former football goalkeeper from the Netherlands and the current manager of Eerste Divisie side Go Ahead Eagles.
De Koning played for AZ'67 for ten years (1978–1988) before moving to FC Twente, where he became known as "Hansje de King" (Hans the King) and played 140 games in five seasons with the club before being forced to retire in 1993 after suffering a serious injury aduring Fred Rutten's farewell match, .
After his retirement as a player, de Koning then became a goalkeeping coach for his former club AZ, also serving briefly as joint caretaker in 1997, and later on moved into head management at Eerste Divisie (Dutch second division) level debutting at such role with Limburgish club Fortuna Sittard, and then briefly serving as interim coach of FC Dordrecht from March to July 2005 before being appointed at TOP Oss (later renamed FC Oss) later that year; he filled such role until June 2010, when he was removed after he failed to save FC Oss from relegation to the newly established Topklasse level at the end of the 2009–10 Eerste Divisie.
From July 2010 he is in charge of Eerste Divisie club AGOVV Apeldoorn. In March 2011 it was announced AGOVV and de Koning would part ways at the end of the season; de Koning was then unveiled later in May as new head coach of Helmond Sport for the 2011–12 season. On 21 April 2012, it was confirmed that he would be in charge of Eerste Divisie club Volendam for the 2012-13 season. He signed a two-year contract.
As a player
- Seizoengids 2010/2011 (in Dutch). Voetbal International. August 2010. p. 212.
- "Een carriére die abrupt werd afgebroken" (in Dutch). FC Twente. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "FC Oss en Hans de Koning uit elkaar" (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 17 June 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "AGOVV Apeldoorn haalt De Koning als nieuwe coach" (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Hans de Koning verlaat AGOVV" (in Dutch). Jupiler League.nl. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Helmond strikt De Koning" (in Dutch). Jupiler League.nl. 3 May 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Hans de Koning officieel gepresenteerd" (in Dutch). FC Volendam. 21 April 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a goalkeeper, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|