He was born in eastern Kurdistan in 1961. he got his Bachelor degree in English from Zahedan University in 1985. Afterwards he left Iran and settled in Sweden, where he received his Bachelor degree in political sciences in Uppsala University. in 1996 he got his Master degree in the same department and in 2003 he finished his PhD successfully. he has been living in England since 2005. He is married and has two children.
Academic works and publications
He teaches the modules for both undergraduate and postgraduate students at the Institute of Arabic and Islamic Studies (IAIS). Furthermore, he is one of the founding members of the new MA in Kurdish studies which was established in 2006 in the University of Exeter, as well as supervising doctoral students of Kurdish studies. His doctoral thesis, Nation and Novel: A Study of Kurdish and Persian Narratives Discourse, was translated into Turkish in 2004 by Azad Zana Gundogan It was also translated into Persian by Bakhtiar Sajjadi in 2007. This work has been acclaimed by many as one of the rich academic sources on both Kurdish and Persian modern fiction as well as providing genuine insights regarding Kurdish nationalism and its relation to the rise of novel in Kurdish literature. His other works include a translation of Dr. Abbas Vali's Genealogies of the Kurds: Constructions of Nation and National Identity in Kurdish Historical Writing ,The Kurds and their Others: Fragmented Identity and Fragmented Politics into Kurdish as well as Paul Auster's The Red Notebook. Ahmadzadeh has contributed to referred international journals with his essays on modern Kurdish novel and literary criticism. Moreover, he has also delivered lectures on different aspects of Kurdish literature and nationalism in the international conferences on Kurdish issues.
- http://www.huss.ex.ac.uk/iais/staff/ahmadzadeh/index.php, also includes a complete list of his works.
- http://www.huss.ex.ac.uk/iais/research/kurdish.htm, also includes the home page of MA in Kurdish Studies.
- Chatham House's new paper,The Kurdish Policy Imperative, Gareth Stansfield, Robert Lowe and Hashem Ahmadzadeh, December 2007
- Dr. Ahmadzadeh's teaching modules in Kurdish Studies
- world conference of Kurdish studies
- Dr. ahmadzadeh's articles in International Academic Journals
- Kurdish Aspect's interview with Dr. Ahmadzadeh
- Kurdish Globe's interview with Dr. Ahmadzadeh