From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Helios, helio, or helio- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Helios is the personification of the sun in Greek mythology.
Helios or Helio may also refer to:
Comics and animation
- Helios, a character in Helios Eclipse drawn by Kaoru and serialized in Gempak
- Helios, a character in the anime Sailor Moon
- Victor Helios, an alias for Victor Frankenstein, a character from the Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series
- Helio Alves (born 1966), Brazalian jazz pianist and son of pianists
- The Helio Sequence, an American alternative-rock duo
- Helios, an American ambient musician
- Helios Overture, a 1903 composition by Danish composer Carl Nielsen
- Helios, a god in 2010 game God of War III; decapitated by Kratos
- Helios One, a solar-power plant in the 2010 video game Fallout: New Vegas
- Helios, the Japanese name for "Aeolus", a boss character in the 2007 game Mega Man ZX Advent
Business and industry
- Helios Investment Partners, A London-based investment firm.
- Helios, a German motorcycle made by Bayerisch Flugzeugwerke before the company merged with BMW in 1922
- Helios AG, a former German electrical engineering company; based in Cologne
- Helios (cinemas), a multiplex cinema operator in Poland
- Helios (lens brand), a defunct brand of camera lens manufactured in the U.S.S.R.
- Helios Airways, a former low-cost airline operating scheduled and charter flights between Cyprus and many European destinations
- Helios Airways Flight 522, a Helios Airways Boeing 737-31S flight that crashed on August 14, 2005, into a mountain north of Marathon and Varnavas, Greece
- Helios Prototype, a NASA developed solar and fuel-cell-system-powered unmanned aerial vehicle
- USS Helios (ARB-12), a U.S. Navy World War II repair ship
- Heliotropism, the diurnal motion of plant parts (flowers or leaves) in response to the direction of the Sun
- Zinc finger protein Helios, encoded by the IKZF2 gen.
- Helios, a supercomputer in Rokkasho, Aomori for simulating plasma physics.
- 895 Helio, a minor planet orbiting the Sun
- Hélios 1B and Helios 2A, French military satellites
- Helios (propulsion system), nuclear pulse propulsion system for spacecraft invented by Freeman Dyson, a precursor to his Project Orion
- Helios probes, deep space probes launched in the mid-1970s by the Federal Republic of Germany and NASA
- Sun, the star at the center of the Solar System
- HELIOS, an acronym for the helical orbit spectrometer, a nuclear spectrometer at the Argonne National Laboratory
- HeliOS, a Unix-like operating system
- Helios, the project name for the Eclipse software version 3.6 release
Sports and recreation
- Helios, professional wrestler also known as Ricochet
- Hélio Castroneves (born 1975), Brazilian race-car driver in the IndyCar Series
- Hélio Gracie (1913–2009), co-founder of Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- FC Helios Kharkiv, a Ukrainian association-football team
- KK Helios Domžale, a Slovenian basketball team
- SpVgg Helios München, a German association-football team from Munich
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Helios.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.