Logo of Hellraid
|Engine||Chrome Engine 6|
|Genre(s)||Action, hack and slash|
Hellraid will feature both co-operative and single player modes, as well as an online mode called 'Game Master'. The game will also feature randomly generated content. The co-op mode will be able to feature up to four players. The game will also be played from a first-person perspective.
The game was originally going to be a mode for Dead Island, which was also developed by Techland, before it became an individual game. The game's working title was Project Hell. The game was first announced in a press release on April 29, 2013. The press release stated that the game would be released in 2013. The game was described as a mix "the best aspects of" Dead Island and The Elder Scrolls and a spiritual successor to the 1990s games such as Hexen and Witchaven. In May 2014, Hellraid was delayed to allow it to be rebuilt on Techland's latest version of their in-house engine, Chrome Engine 6. Also in May 2014, Techland announced it was transitioning Hellraid to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Along with this, Techland announced that it would be a digital-only game. In May 2015, Techland announced that the company have put the development of Hellraid on hold as the game failed to meet the company's expectation and that the company wanted to focus in expanding the universe of the Dying Light, which was also developed by Techland and was released on January 2015.
Hellraid: The Escape
||It has been suggested that this section be split into a new article. (Discuss) Proposed since May 2015.|
Hellraid: The Escape is a video game set within the Hellraid universe. Unlike Hellraid, The Escape puts emphasis on puzzle-solving instead of action. It was developed by Shortbreak Studios with assistance from Techland and was released on iOS platform on 15 May, 2014. The game was powered by Epic Games' Unreal Engine. Upon release, the game received generally positive reviews. Aggregating review websites Metacritic have the game 75/100. TorchArcade gave the game a 4.5/5, calling it "a great experience on iOS and a rather successful combination of first-person exploration and puzzle elements." No in-apps purchase is available in the game and all post-launch content will be free to players.
- "Hellraid". uk.ign.com/. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Connor Sheridan (2013-04-29). "First-person slasher Hellraid coming from Dead Island dev". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- Gallegos, Anthony. "Dead Island Devs Announce Hellraid for 360, PS3 and PC". IGN.
- Phillips, Tom. "Dead Island dev announces co-op hack-and-slash Hellraid". Eurogamer.
- Makuch, Eddie. "Dead Island dev reveals Hellraid". GameSpot.
- "Hellraid's E3 2014 Gameplay with Dev Commentary".
- Hinkle, David. "Dead Island dev Techland's 'Project Hell' now Hellraid, out this year". Joystiq.
- "Hellraid - Duchowy następca Hexen, Heretic i Witchaven". PurePC.pl. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Hellraid E3 Trailer « GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog". Gamingbolt.com. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- Cook, Dave (April 30, 2014). "Hellraid re-announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One following overhaul – new screens". VG 247. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- Crecente, Brian (May 21, 2015). "Techland's Hellraid sent back to drawing board, didn't meet expectations". Polygon. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Phillips, Tom (May 21, 2015). "Dead Island dev dumps Hellraid development". Eurogamer. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- Futter, Mike (May 21, 2015). "It’s A Cold Day, As Hellraid Development Put On Ice". Game Informer. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Nunneley, Stephany (1 April 2014). "Hellraid: The Escape release date announced for iOS". VG 247. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "First Person Game Hellraid: The Escape Announced For iOS". Touchapplay. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- Farokhmanesh, Megan (1 April 2014). "Hellraid: The Escape heading to iOS May 15". Polygon. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Ford, Eric (9 July 2014). "Hellraid: The Escape review: First person puzzling at its Finest". TouchArcade. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Hellraid: The Escape for iOS reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Watts, Steve (2 April 2014). "Hellraid: The Escape announced for iOS, coming in May". Shacknews. Retrieved 31 March 2015.