Henry Knight (bishop)
Henry Knight was born on 22 June 1859, son of the Rev. John Lister Knight. He was educated at Islington Proprietary School and St Catharine's College, Cambridge, where he graduated tenth Classic in 1882. He was ordained in 1886. He began his career as Tutor (Lecturer) in Theology at Selwyn College, Cambridge (1885-1895). After this he was Rector of Marnhull (1895-1901) and also Examining Chaplain to the Bishop of Salisbury. He then returned to Cambridge as a Fellow of Corpus Christi, and Principal of the Clergy Training School, where he remained until his elevation to the Episcopate. A Sub-Prelate of the Order of St John of Jerusalem, he died on 27 November 1920. His brother, Arthur Mesac Knight, was the third Bishop of Rangoon.
- Bishops of Gibraltar Archived 2011-07-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Genealogy of the Swete Family
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- The Times, Friday, 19 June 1891; pg. 10; Issue 33355; col B University Intelligence
- "Knight, Henru Joseph Corbett (KNT878HJ)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- “College histories:Selwyn College, Cambridge”Brown, A.L: London, Hutchinson & Co, 1906
- The Times, Wednesday, 4 March 1896; pg. 9; Issue 34829; col F Ecclesiastical Intelligence
- Anglican Church in Malta & Gozo
- The Times, Monday, 29 November 1920; pg. 1; Issue 42580; col A Deaths
|Church of England titles|
William Edward Collins
|Bishop of Gibraltar in Europe
John Harold Greig
|This biographical article relating to Gibraltar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|