Henry Lawrence Island
|Nickname: Sir Henry Lawrence Island|
|Location||Bay of Bengal|
|Adjacent bodies of water||Indian Ocean|
|Area||54.7 km2 (21.1 sq mi)|
|Length||6 km (3.7 mi)|
|Width||14 km (8.7 mi)|
|Coastline||36.5 km (22.68 mi)|
|Highest elevation||137 m (449 ft)|
|Island group||Andaman Islands|
|Island sub-group||Ritchie's Archipelago|
|Tehsil||Port Blair Tehsil|
|Telephone code||031927 |
Henry Lawrence Island is an island of the Andaman Islands. It belongs to the South Andaman administrative district, part of the Indian union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. the island is lying 60 km (37 mi) northeast from Port Blair.
The island belongs to the Ritchie's Archipelago and is located between John Lawrence Island and Inglis Island. it is the second largest Island of the Ritchie's Archipelago, it has an area of 54.7 km2.
The island is uninhabited.
Outline map of the Andaman Islands, with Ritchie's Archipelago highlighted (in red).
- "Islandwise Area and Population - 2011 Census" (PDF). Government of Andaman.
- Sailing Directions (Enroute), Pub. 173: India and the Bay of Bengal (PDF). Sailing Directions. United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. 2017. p. 283.
- "A&N Islands - Pincodes". 22 September 2016. Archived from the original on 23 March 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2016.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "STD Codes of Andaman and Nicobar". allcodesindia.in. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Registration Plate Numbers added to ISO Code
- "Village Code Directory: Andaman & Nicobar Islands" (PDF). Census of India. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- "DEMOGRAPHIC – A&N ISLANDS" (PDF). andssw1.and.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Ritchie's Archipelago travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Andaman and Nicobar Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|