|Borough of Malmö||Rosengård|
|Population (1 January 2011)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Generally considered the part of Rosengård with the highest rate of social problems, 96% of the neighborhood's population is of foreign background (67% born abroad and 29% born in Sweden to two immigrant parents). 47% of the population is 18 years and younger. The most common countries of origin include Iraq, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia and Somalia. Just 15% of the population is employed.
Herrgården is a social-democratic stronghold, with the Swedish Social Democratic Party garnering 82% of votes in the 2006 elections.
A mansion ("herrgård") from 1817 is located in the area. The Kockums family owned it from 1848 to some years after 1959, when the last owner (who had no children) died. It was leased for some years, then sold to a company and later became the city's property. One more floor was added in 1870. Since 1990, the building has been used by a culture association for young people.
- "Befolkning i stadsdelar och delområden" (in Swedish). Malmö stad. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- Herrgården - värst utsatta området i Rosengård
- "Hos fröknarna på gården stod tiden still". Sydsvenskan (in Swedish). 29 November 2014.
- "Rosengårds herrgård". Malmö Municipality (in Swedish). 21 April 2011.
- "Kameror mot kriminalitet i Rosengård". SVT. 22 May 2015.
|This article about a location in Skåne County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|