Other notable performances include the world premiere of Pulitzer Prize-winning composer David Del Tredici's Paul Revere's Ride with the Atlanta Symphony under Robert Spano; and the world premiere of Esa-Pekka Salonen's Wing on Wing with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at Disney Hall; the premiere of Eric Whitacre and David Norona's groundbreaking Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings in Los Angeles; John Corigliano's Mr. Tambourine Man with the Brooklyn Philharmonic; the world premiere of Andrea Clearfield's The Long Bright with Orchestra 2001; the premiere of a new song cycle written for her by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Aaron Jay Kernis; the Naxos world premiere recording of John Corigliano's Mr. Tambourine Man with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, JoAnn Falletta, conductor; and David Del Tredici's Final Alice with the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Leonard Slatkin.
In 2009, Plitmann created the role of Mrs Clayton in the Opera Santa Barbara production of Stephen Schwartz's opera Séance on a Wet Afternoon, and in 2015 she created the role of Yan in Mark Adamo's Becoming Santa Claus.
- Juilliard School of Music: Bachelor of Music and Master of Music degrees with high honors
- Black Belt in Taekwondo
- Ms. Inez Sez, song cycle by David Del Tredici, CRI label
- Lament for the Death of a Bullfighter, song cycle by David Del Tredici (featuring the composer at the piano) Music & Arts label
- Paul Revere's Ride by David Del Tredici with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Robert Spano conducting, Telarc label
- Emily Dickinson Songs by Bob Beaser with the American Academy, Rome label
- Hans Zimmer's soundtrack to the Hollywood film, The Da Vinci Code Decca label
- Vintage Alice/Dracula by David Del Tredici with the Cleveland Chamber Symphony, INNOVA label (2008)
- Corigliano: Mr. Tambourine Man: Seven Poems Of Bob Dylan – Hila Plitmann (JoAnn Falletta; Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra)
- The Palm Trees Are Restless: Five Poems of Kate Gale, song cycle by Mark Abel, Delos label
- "Hila Plitmann: 'The Ancient Question'" by Judith Malafronte, Opera News, vol. 76, no. 12, June 2012
- Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music article Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- Mark Lowry (December 3, 2015). "'Becoming Santa Claus' adds opera to holiday calendar". Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- 51st annual Grammy nominations, Complete nomination list, part 3