|Motto||The Choice Is Ours! |
Pilihan Di Tangan Kita!
|Wong Tack (Founder/Chairperson)|
Himpunan Hijau (English: "Green Assembly") is a Malaysian environmentalist movement protesting against the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant (LAMP), a rare earth processing plant operating in Gebeng, Kuantan, Pahang set up by the Australian company Lynas. The refinery process is accused of dumping tonnes of toxic and radioactive waste on the local lives, livelihoods, the environment and the health of future generations. The Save Malaysia Stop Lynas (SMSL) group is currently led by the Member of Parliament for Bentong; Wong Tack.
The refining facility entered production in 2013, producing 1,089 tonnes of rare earth oxides in the first quarter of 2014, with a target of 11,000 tonnes per annum. On 2 September 2014, Lynas was issued a 2-year Full Operating Stage License (FOSL) by the Malaysian Atomic Energy Licensing Board (AELB).
- SPYKERMAN, NEVILLE (24 August 2013). "Himpunan Hijau involves international NGOs in its anti-Lynas campaigns". The Star. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- Ng, Eileen (2 September 2014). "Lynas gets full operating licence before TOL expiry date". The Malaysian Insider. Archived from the original on 4 September 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "About Stop Lynas". Stop Lynas. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2012-08-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Elizabeth Redman (2014-04-01). "Lynas soars on record production". Business Spectator.
|This article about an environmental organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|