|Location||North Main Street
East Hampton, New York
|MPS||Long Island Wind and Tide Mills TR|
|NRHP Reference #||78001914|
|Added to NRHP||December 27, 1978|
Hook Windmill, also known as Old Hook Mill, is a historic windmill on North Main Street in East Hampton, New York. It was built in 1806 and operated regularly until 1908. One of the most complete of the extant windmills on Long Island, New York, in 1922 the windmill was sold to the town of East Hampton. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The mill wаs renamed the "Old Hook Mill" аnd continues tо open daily fоr visitors.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Hook Windmill Inc. Village of East Hampton Suffolk County New York (accessed July 7, 2009)
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Raymond W. Smith (September 1978). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Hook Windmill". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved February 20, 2010. See also: "Accompanying photo".
Media related to Hook Windmill at Wikimedia Commons
- Hook Windmill – visiting information
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. NY-105, "Hook Windmill, North Main Street at Pantigo Road, East Hampton, Suffolk County, NY", 35 photos, 1 color transparency, 6 measured drawings, 14 data pages, 4 photo caption pages
|This article about a historic property or district in Suffolk County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|