|Directed by||Jules White|
|Produced by||Jules White|
|Written by||Felix Adler|
Tony the Wonder Horse
|Edited by||William A. Lyon|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
Horsing Around is the 180th short film released by Columbia Pictures in 1957 starring American slapstick comedy team The Three Stooges (Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Joe Besser). The comedians released 190 short films for the studio between 1934 and 1959.
Joe reads in the local newspaper that injured circus horse Schnapps who might be destroyed. Moe and Larry tell him to forget about that horse and instead focus on their sister Bertie. The Stooges' sister Bertie is a reincarnated horse who is trying to track down her mate. It's during breakfast that Bertie reveals that her mate is Schnapps. The Stooges spit out their food, realizing that the horse that's about to be destroyed is Bertie's mate.
When Bertie hears a broadcast over the radio stating that a local famous circus horse (Schnapps) is about to be destroyed, due to an injury, she pleads with them to help her save him. They agree but first they rent a wagon and hire a babysitter to take care of Bertie's baby. Just before they leave their home Joe tosses all the dishes out the window. Bertie and the Stooges race to the circus in an effort to save the horse from a certain fate.
At the circus, the Stooges split up. Moe and Larry distract the man (Emil Sitka) sent to destroy Schnapps by using a horse costume. Joe finds Schnapps and the two horses are reunited.
Horsing Around features Moe and Larry's more "gentlemanly" haircuts, first suggested by Joe Besser. However, these had to be used sparingly, as most of the shorts with Besser were remakes of earlier films, and new footage had to be matched with old.
- Solomon, Jon (2002). The Complete Three Stooges: The Official Filmography and Three Stooges Companion. Glendale, California: Comedy III Productions, Inc. p. 494. ISBN 0-9711868-0-4.
- Pauley, Jim (2012). The Three Stooges Hollywood Filming Locations. Solana Beach, California: Santa Monica Press, LLC. p. 144. ISBN 9781595800701.
- Howard Maurer, Joan; Jeff Lenburg; Greg Lenburg (2012) . The Three Stooges Scrapbook. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago Review Press. p. 264. ISBN 978-1613740743.
- Horsing Around on Internet Movie Database
- Horsing Around at AllMovie
- Horsing Around at threestooges.net
|This article related to a short comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|