Hot in December
|Author||Joe R. Lansdale|
|Cover artist||Keri Knutson|
|Publisher||Dark Regions Press|
|December 2013, limited editions April 2014|
|Media type||Trade Paperback, ebook, limited edition, lettered edition|
|Preceded by||The Thicket (2013)|
Hot in December is a crime/suspense novella written by American author Joe R. Lansdale. It's the story of a man who witnesses a fatal hit and run incident of one of his good neighbors. Tom Chan, the protagonist, gets a good look at the driver who didn't even look back. The problem is when Tom identifies the driver he turns out to be the son of the leader of a powerful criminal gang, The Dixie Mafia. To keep Tom from testifying, his wife is abducted and his daughter threatened. So Tom enlists the help of some old war buddies he served with in Afghanistan to rescue his family and bring justice to the gang of criminals. Problem is, one of the friends is a homicidal maniac whose level of violence shocks even Tom.
This book is available as a trade paperback, a limited edition hardcover (300 copies) and a lettered edition (32 copies) from Dark Regions Press  Limited editions contain illustrations not included in the paperback.
- Lansdale, Joe R. "Hot in December". Fright.Com. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Hot in December Review. "October Country Wordpress". Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Horror Novel Reviews. "Hot in December". Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Rogers, Wayne C. "Shares his thoughts on Hot in December". Horror Novel Reviews. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Hot in December, Lettered Edition. "Limited Edition". Subterranean Press. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Lansdale, Joe R. "Hot in December". Dark Regions Press. Retrieved 2 January 2014.