|Origin||New Albany, Indiana|
|Genres||Alternative country, indie rock, folk rock, Americana|
|Associated acts||Riffraff Revival, The Saint James Hotel|
|Members||Matt Myers (guitar, vocals), Zak Appleby (bass, vocals), Shane Cody (drums, vocals).|
|Past members||Katie Toupin (keyboard, vocals)|
Houndmouth is an American alternative blues band from New Albany, Indiana formed in 2011, consisting of Matt Myers (guitar, vocals), Zak Appleby (bass, vocals), and Shane Cody (drums, vocals). According to lead singer, Matt Myers, at a concert in Little Egypt on October 1, 2016, the band is recording their live audiobook.
Houndmouth became a band in the summer of 2011. After playing locally in Louisville and Indiana, they performed at the SXSW music festival in March 2012 to promote their homemade self-titled EP. Geoff Travis, the head of Rough Trade was in the audience and offered a contract shortly after. In 2012, the band was named "Band Of The Week" by The Guardian.
From the Hills Below the City (2013)
In 2013 Houndmouth's debut album, From the Hills Below the City, was released by Rough Trade. This led to performances on Letterman, Conan, World Cafe, and several major festivals (ACL, Americana Music Festival, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, and Newport Folk Festival). SPIN and Esquire.com named Houndmouth a "must-see" band at Lollapalooza, and Garden & Gun said, "You'd be hard pressed to find a more effortless, well-crafted mix of roots and rock this year than the debut album from this Louisville quartet."
Little Neon Limelight (2015)
The band's second LP, Little Neon Limelight, was released on March 17, 2015. It includes the single "Sedona". The band performed "Sedona" on the Late Show with David Letterman on March 31, 2015, while a live performance of "Sedona" at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles was featured on Last Call with Carson Daly on November 18 and 27, 2015.
Katie Toupin departure (2016)
On April 8, 2016, the band announced that Katie Toupin left the band to pursue other opportunities. The keyboard and Toupin's harmony parts have been performed by Caleb Hickman following Toupin's departure. Graeme Gardiner and Drew Miller subsequently joined the band on dual saxophones.
Golden Age (2018)
On August 3, 2018, Houndmouth released their third album, Golden Age, consisting of 10 songs that clock in at just under 36 minutes.
- Lindquist, David (June 7, 2016). "Reduced to a Trio, Houndmouth Finds Bigger Sound". Indianapolis Star. Gannett.
- Houndmouth represents Indiana with authentic sound
- Music Issue 2012: Houndmouth's big break | Louisville's Alt-Weekly | LEO Weekly Archived 2014-05-15 at Archive.is
- New band of the day – No 1,303: Houndmouth | Music | theguardian.com
- The Late Show Video - - CBS.com
- Houndmouth On World Cafe : World Cafe : NPR
- Albums of 2013 | Garden and Gun
- "Watch Houndmouth: "Sedona" from Last Call with Carson Daly on NBC.com". NBC. Archived from the original on 2015-12-01. Retrieved 2015-11-28.
- | AllMusic.com
- Official website
- Houndmouth: The Best of What's Next :: Music :: Features :: Paste
- Houndmouth Comes Alive | Mother Jones
- Live Review: Houndmouth at Chicago's Schubas Tavern (11/23) | Consequence of Sound
- Local band Houndmouth getting attention nationwide - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports
- Americana band Houndmouth embraces its hometown, New Albany | Music | Kentucky.com
- Meet SXSW Secret Superstars Houndmouth - Show Clip - Fuse News - Fuse
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Houndmouth (band).|