1961 (age 55–56)
|Alma mater||Vassar College|
Hung Huang (Chinese: 洪晃; pinyin: Hóng Huàng, born in 1961) is an American-Chinese television host, author, actress, blogger, media figure, and the publisher of the fashion magazine iLook. A CNN article stated that she had been referred to as "China's answer to Oprah Winfrey and Anna Wintour." Since early 2012, she has written a weekly column called ChinaFile for Women's Wear Daily.
Hung's mother, Zhang Hanzhi(章含之), worked as a translator and as an English tutor for Mao Zedong. Her mother and her father, Hong Junyan(洪君彦), divorced in 1973. Zhang then married Qiao Guanhua（乔冠华）. Qiao, Hung's stepfather, was the Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China in the 1970s. Hung's mother was later accused of collaborating with the "Gang of Four" and was placed under house arrest for two years. Hung attended Vassar College. Hung married three times, all of them ended in divorce. Her first ex-husband is film director Chen Kaige. In 2006, Hung adopted one daughter from Sichuan. Hung worked in factories until 1998, when she agreed to take over the publication of Look, a magazine that is now known as I-Look.
- Mak Mun San (May 21, 2007). "8 questions with... Hung Huang". The Straits Times. AsiaOne. Retrieved October 21, 2010.
- Kristof, Nicholas D. (May 20, 2008). "Two Chinese Friends, RIP". The New York Times. Retrieved October 21, 2010.
- "China's fashionably outspoken media mogul". CNN. October 20, 2010. Retrieved October 21, 2010.
- Borton, James (December 16, 2004). "Magazine licensing red-hot in China". Asia Times. Retrieved October 21, 2010.
- "Chairman Mao's tutor dies at 73". Shanghai Daily. January 28, 2008. Archived from the original on October 27, 2010. Retrieved October 22, 2010.
- 陪女儿是最大享受 "名门痞女"洪晃领养四川女孩 Retrieved 2016-09-03
- Goldkorn, Jeremy (February 18, 2006). "Hung Huang, Chen Kaige and the Steamed Bun". Danwei. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Jakes, Susan. "Hung Huang • Interpreter of Style". Time. Retrieved October 23, 2010.
- "Hung Huang: China's Oprah." CNN.
- Hung Huang's Blog (Chinese)
- Hung, Huang. "Dear laowai, don't mess with our Chinese-ness." China Daily. January 12, 2010. (Alternate link)
- Jeremy Goldkorn. "Hung Huang, Chen Kaige and the Steamed Bun." Danwei. February 18, 2006.
- "3月22日朋友会——洪晃." China Central Television. (Chinese)/(English)
|This article about a Chinese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|