Hyderabad Airport (Sindh)
حیدرآباد ہوائی اڈا
|IATA: HDD – ICAO: OPKD
|Operator||Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority|
|Serves||Hyderabad, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Elevation AMSL||135 ft / 41 m|
The Hyderabad Airport (IATA: HDD, ICAO: OPKD) of Pakistan is a domestic airport in Hyderabad, the second-largest city in the Sindh province. It is very close to the Pakistan Army's Sindh Regimental Centre and the HDA Kohsar Housing Society. The airport is now closed to commercial traffic as of 2013.
Hyderabad Airport was closed to commercial traffic in 1998 for a period of ten years. It reopened on 19 August 2008 with Pakistan International Airlines announcing flights twice weekly to Islamabad and Lahore via Nawabshah.
However, the airport has been closed again to commercial traffic in 2013.
- On 25 May 1998, PIA Flight 544 was a flight that was hi-jacked in Turbat. The final stand off between the hi-jackers and armed forces took place at Hyderabad Airport resulting in the eventual capture of two of the three hi-jackers. The third was killed.
- List of airports in Pakistan
- Airlines of Pakistan
- Transport in Pakistan
- Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority
- Hyderabad Airport Was Shutdown and Reopen Again on 19 August 2008.
- Airport information for OPKD at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Accident history for HDD at Aviation Safety Network
|This Pakistani airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|