I Love You Love Me Love
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"I Love You Love Me Love"|
|Single by Gary Glitter|
|B-side||"Hands Up! It's a Stick Up"|
|Gary Glitter singles chronology|
"I Love You Love Me Love" is a song by English glam rock singer Gary Glitter. Written by Glitter with Mike Leander and produced by Mike Leander (unusually in monophonic sound), "I Love You Love Me Love" was Glitter's second number-one single on the UK Singles Chart, spending four weeks at the top of the chart in November 1973, and establishing itself as one of the top 10 best-selling singles of 1973 in the UK. It reached No. 2 in both Ireland and Australia.
- "I Love You Love Me Love" – 3:15
- "Hands Up! It's a Stick Up" – 3:05
Sales and certifications
It is Glitter's most successful entry in the UK Singles Chart (it entered the chart at number-one and had a 14-week run in the Top 40), earning him the first platinum record (which at the time certified sales of 1 million copies) awarded to a British artist. It has sold 1.14 million copies in the UK as of November 2012,  although many former fans have since either destroyed, binned or donated their unwanted copies to charity shops.
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||1,140,000|
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 294. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Sedghi, Ami (4 November 2012). "UK's million-selling singles: the full list". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Lane, Daniel (27 June 2013). "Daft Punk's Get Lucky becomes one of the UK's biggest selling singles of all-time!". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "British single certifications – Gary Glitter – I Love You Love Me Love". British Phonographic Industry. Select singles in the Format field. Select Platinum in the Certification field. Type I Love You Love Me Love in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|